Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How can this autograph Dick Butkus card be so different yet have the same serial #???

..This seller is a top rated power seller......I am looking for a Dick Butkus autograph, but these cards look vastly different, yet have the same PSA serial number?!?!?!?! Any suggestions??

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Call psa and see whats up
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    The one on the left is no good.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    This is starting to get ridiculous. This guy is a power seller, has the rainbow badge, and 100% feedback. When you begin to doubt every single PSA card on Ebay, that speaks volumes.....
  • Options
    Welcome to the world of "Third Party Graders".

My assistant Susan can assist you with anything you'd like outside of the collectible world.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Bobby,

Do you have access to a picture of the slab for the one on the left to see if it looks like the slab has been opened and resealed?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    No..those pics are exactly the way they are listed on Ebay....with the sides cropped out.
  • Options

<< <i>No..those pics are exactly the way they are listed on Ebay....with the sides cropped out. >>

That would be enough for me to stay away.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Take off the tin foil caps boys and put the glasses on.

The cert #'s are 83111618 and 83111619, both seem to check out fine.
  • Options

<< <i>That would be enough for me to stay away. >>

Amazing!!! This seller has over 40,000+ feedbacks, 100% rated, has a TSR badge, and is a power seller!! All those positives, yet wants to sell a fake $60 card!!!! I am so bummed about seeing all this!! It makes me wonder just how many fakes are currently residing in my PSA Set Registry collection!?!?
  • Options

<< <i>The cert #'s are 83111618 and 83111619, both seem to check out fine >>

I am looking hard....I don't see it, but I sure hope you are right!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    vlad is rad.
  • Options
    Yeah, I checked the serial numbers before looking closely at the slabs image

I'm sure this is a mechanical error.

That seller is 100% legit.
  • Options
    Your eyesight is better than mine Vlad!! It looks like the same slab to me.....with all the stuff going lately, I can't help but be cautious!
  • Options
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Dammit!! and I just got my lawn chair set up correctly on this grassy knoll....
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>Dammit!! and I just got my lawn chair set up correctly on this grassy knoll.... >>

Nothing to see here Sir.....move it along.....
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, I checked the serial numbers before looking closely at the slabs image

I'm sure this is a mechanical error.

That seller is 100% legit. >>

Doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the slab, but the seller would probably take care of you if there was an issue.

I'd just ask the seller for full scans of both sides....Tell him you want to see the entire holder.

brian
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Here is a larger image from a different seller I found on line. Maybe the larger scan will help you. BTW, the seller says this one is PSA certed too.

• Options
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Here is a larger image from a different seller I found on line. Maybe the larger scan will help you. BTW, the seller says this one is PSA certed too >>

I like that one! I kinda wanted one with the "HOF" inscription however.....
  • Options

<< <i>WTG Vlad ... This is for you! >>

Never heard of this guy before, but I like it! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>WTG Vlad ... This is for you! >>

Never heard of this guy before, but I like it! image >>

HAHAHAHAHA
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Maybe if the seller invested the $60 in a decent scanner none of this would have happened.....