Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 Topps Baseball PSA 8 Mantle and PSA 8 Yaz FS/FT

Hey Guys, I am canning my attempt to complete a 1969 Topps Baseball Set on the Set registry. I am still sending in cards (mainly the White Letter variations and a few minor stars), but I am looking to get rid of two of my favorites:

1969 Mickey Mantle #500 PSA 8
and
1969 Carl Yazstrzemski # 130 PSA 8

I had these cards graded prior to PSA providing half grades and I think they could have both gotten 8.5's, but we all think our stuff should have graded higher.

That being said, I am looking for cash (PayPal) or a combination of cash and trade.

I collect graded Dallas Cowboy cards. I am looking for PSA 10 Emmitt Smith (1990 Score Supplemental) and Troy Aikman (1989 Pro Set and Score) rookies and a really any graded Cowboys from 1960 to present to complete or enhance my sets in the PSA set registry.

Please contact me at krunchtyme@gmail.com. I know it has been a long time since my last post, so please feel free to check my eBay ID or e-mail or whatever.

I also have a PSA 5 Tom Seaver and a PSA 6 Mike Epstein up for auction on eBay now, but could kill the auctions (prior to any bids) for any type of deal as well.

Thanks Rich
Collecting Graded Cowboys. Especially Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett and Troy Aikman!

Comments

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Shoot a scan of the Mantle to my PM. I'm interested & have some Cowboys cards & cash.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Ron, sent it to your email account you provided.
    Collecting Graded Cowboys. Especially Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett and Troy Aikman!
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    My email for a Mantle scan.

dddanny71@yahoo.com
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    Didn't you already sell the Mantle?
    69 Mantle auction
    And leave feedback for it?

<< <i> Quick Payment. Hope to deal with again!!!!!! Buyer: Member id 1bigwally ( Feedback Score Of 133) Dec-20-10 13:36 >>

Not accusing, but wondering??
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't you already sell the Mantle?
    69 Mantle auction
    And leave feedback for it?

<< <i> Quick Payment. Hope to deal with again!!!!!! Buyer: Member id 1bigwally ( Feedback Score Of 133) Dec-20-10 13:36 >>

Not accusing, but wondering?? >>

• Options
    Yup. Sold the Mantle......and offered a 14 day return policy. Guess what happened on Day 12. You guessed it. My PSA 8 Mantle is in bound to me. Yippee. Of course, this guy also needs his $600 back. image

So, It's back up for sale.
  • Options
    If you don't have it yet, my advice would be to print out any picture (scan) that you have of it, and ONLY open it in front of your Postmaster or even the Police. A card worth this amount of $$ may have been switched, cracked out, or you may just be getting back a 99 cent common. I would have all my emails, Paypal info, and pics ready to go just in case.

When selling on ebay you can get shafted a # of ways. I would not accept any returns on a PSA graded card. They are an APPROVED 3rd party grader by ebay. Meaning that unless you mis-describe an item, there should be no return privilage.

Good luck on reversing the transaction, hopefully it will all work out fine, but make sure you CYA.
  • Options
    I was wondering about that as well. I also read on the boards about cards being switched or cases being cracked open. I haven't returned his money and won't until, I am confident that the card hasn't been tampered with. Do you know anything about the buyer?

Thanks for the ideas as far as opening the shipment as well.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Make sure your PP account is empty.

Good luck with this one.

Good for you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    One other point, unless you know the police they probably don't want to involve themselves.

They just might tell you it's a civil matter. As for the Post Office I have no idea, never worked for them.

Good for you.
  • Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    PayPal account empty for the December grading special at PSA. LOL Hoops, PM replied to and thank you.

In the mean time, is any one interested in this card if it shows up. LOL I need to cover the PSA grading. image
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested in the Mantle. I just don't know what the heck is going on here. Actually, it seems there is too much going on here. You need to cover PSA grading? When you have the card in hand...let the board know.

Mickey71
  • Options
    Mickey, he needs to cover the PSA grading on the cards he sent in, not the Mantle. In other words, his shipment to PSA was probably on a credit card and he needs the $$ when he gets the Mantle back.

I've spoken to him privately and there seems to be nothing funny happening on his side, just waiting on his Mantle to come back home, hopefully untampered and soon.
  • Options
    Exactly. The Mantle is graded and covered. I took the $600 from the sale of the Mantle and sent 84 cards into PSA (4.25x84 + $21.95 (for the first 25) and .25 per card for the rest) for my Aikman/Emmitt/Cowboys, set registry and some additional cards that I am planning on getting rid of including some more 1969's including White Letters (but not Mantle. lol).

Here is where we are today. The card showed up today, insured, and tracked. I DID NOT OPEN IT! Tomorrow when I go to work, I will be meeting with the local Postal Inspector who will be present when the box is opened. Once opened we will ensure that the original card and case is there. Hopefully we are all just worrying over nothing, although I do appreciate your guys insight.

I checked on the PSA website and they have a link on their homepage about holder tampering. So tomorrow we should all know what is going on.

• Options
    So....did you open the package yet? Like a little kid at Xmas here, want to know what is in the box!
  • Options
    Here it is the moment of truth!

My buddy the Postal Inspector comes to my office, photographs the package, I show him the auction ino, the payment on PayPal, pictures of the card before I shipped it.......

Finally, he says to open the box. It feels light....but I open it anyways...........?

A PSA 8 Topps Mickey Mantle, nicely wrapped in bubble wrap, inside of a bubble wrap envelope. PSA Holder, check...looks good, card itself compared to the pictures I had, check....Looks great!, Cert#, check..same.....

Bottom line...........Who would now like to own this card. LOL I need to refund $600 to this guy! lol

Thanks for your guys insight and support. I was scared, but it has worked out. Now lets get this thing sold and see which one of us has the guts to send it in to PSA and get the 8.5 bump! image
  • Options
    Glad to hear it all worked out. Nice to see that there are still some honest people using ebay. Hope you can move the card to a new permanent home.
  • Options
    Me Too. Thanks for posting an excellent pic!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for posting an excellent pic! >>

No problem, it's your pic, just took it from your past ebay listing.