Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help with value- Mantle - Auction Link Up

I saw this card for sale and wondered the value. The condition looks almost too good? Thanks for the help.

Gallery 76 Americana & Folk Art
www.gallery76americana.com

Comments

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Topps reprinted these I think, if so, and it is one of those 5.00

If it's vintage 1960, and not trimmed, I'd say around 200.00+

I'd wonder why this card is not in a slab so it could max it's value?

Good for you.
  • This must be the reprint.
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    That pic shows an unusual texture to the front surface? Sort of looks like that "orange peel" textured photopaper?? Id ask for a better (clearer) picture of the front w/o the glare.

Where is it being offered FS?
    Many Topps cards are not slabbed and never will be.... but you always have to ask yourself "why" is it not slabbed, especially if the owner has others slabbed or is a collector, or is selling on eBay.
  • It is for sale at an up coming auction. Not on ebay.
  • 1996 Topps reprints contain a hologram type stamp on the obverse. This is not present, so my guess is that it is not one of these reprints. The 1996 Topps finest reprints of Mantle cards show the typical chrome type front. As far as it being real, that has to be left up to the real experts and they likely would want to view the card in hand and not glance at a perfect or non perfect picture. Just my two cents worth.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    If it's in an upcoming auction I would think it would be slabbed.

Good for you.
  • So is it real or fake???
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So is it real or fake??? >>

I would send it to PSA to find out.

Is it real or not? Has it been altered?

That's the risk when you buy raw.
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Isn't that the wrong colors for a 60 Mantle?

A Very Nice Mantle

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    link

Some look a little orang-ie
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I guess it could just be the way it was taken...I haven't seen that many, but I thought they were red.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

• << <i>So is it real or fake??? >>

I would gamble real.
  • Gallery 76 Americana & Folk Art
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    It's great when the auction description lists it as "Micky Mantle" and the '56 Aaron as "Hank Aron". Come on, that's ridiculous. I'm suspicious of the Aaron being short left to right by the way.