Home Sports Talk
Options

So, is Denver going to dump Kyle Orton and start Tim Tebow next year?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
Many changes coming in Denver, including a new coach.

Do you think that Orton will be sent packing so that Tim Tebow can be given the starting QB position?

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    If I have this right, he has 1 year left at $9m?? Denver isn't going anywhere in 2010, they may as well see if Tebow is the answer. There a few teams that a QB away from being contenders (49ers, Dolphins, Vikings to name a few), that would pay up for 1 year of Orton.

Problem is, what happens to Orton when he leaves McDaniels' system? You saw Cassel struggle last year in a new system, and is only doing well this year under Weis. I suspect Denver can get a 3rd rounder or something for Orton, and they will jump at that.
  • Options
    I didn't see Cassel so much struggle....more the line. Cassell was running and getting sack most of last year. Then Bowe was suspended...leaving Chris Chambers as the best receiver. No QB would have made wine from that.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I have this right, he has 1 year left at $9m?? Denver isn't going anywhere in 2010, they may as well see if Tebow is the answer. There a few teams that a QB away from being contenders (49ers, Dolphins, Vikings to name a few), that would pay up for 1 year of Orton.

Problem is, what happens to Orton when he leaves McDaniels' system? You saw Cassel struggle last year in a new system, and is only doing well this year under Weis. I suspect Denver can get a 3rd rounder or something for Orton, and they will jump at that. >>

hmm the vikings are more than just a QB away. niners and phins i might give you.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    What's wrong with Denver - I like 'em just like they are now. image