Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Catalog number help

Could someone find the KM# for a 1562 Half Groschen from Lithuania ?

Thanks

Bob
Past transactions with:
Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-1601 won't be in Krause, unless they've recently come out with a sixteenth-century volume, which would be news to me.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    Ok Rob thanks, I don't have any books that go back that far so I wasn't sure, so I thought I'd throw the question out and find out.

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    That one is too old for Krause, which only goes back to 1601, and too new for the Levinson "Early Dated Coins of Europe" book, which cuts off at 1500. You're right in the middle!

Don't despair, though. There is a World Wide Web full of stuff out there... I would go a Googlin'...

Then again, Sapyx or Coachleonard or Civitas or one of those guys might have the necessary reference.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I thought I would take this opportunity to let everyone know that tomorrow is Lordmarcovan's BIRTHDAY......

Every body sing happy birthday to Rob image

Bob
    Past transactions with:
  • Options
    Hey, how did you divine that particular bit of information? image

• Options
    You mentioned it to me last year when I had purchased some coins from you, don't know why it stuck in my head, cripes sometimes I forget my own birthday. image

Happy birthday Rob.

Bob
    Past transactions with:
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Rob

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don