Home Precious Metals

Venezuela Gold Coin...anyone familiar with these?

Just Bullion ?

Thanks in advance......

imageimage

Comments

• I wish I could help you but I never seen on of these before. I will say thats a hell of a crack in that coin!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • CiccioCiccio Posts: 1,405
    That's a nice desing, I like South American coins/medals.

The Caciques were unofficial Venenzuelan coins.
    See below what I found on Internet. They should have different designs (one for each chief) and sizes.

"Caciques" means "Chiefs" and all of these wonderful gold trade units has a portrait of a Venezuelan Indian Chief. They were minted in Switzerland by the Inter-change Bank Suiza for Venezuela. The sizes were made to be interchangeable with European gold coins. In 1955 gold was still the money of choice by which countries paid their bills. The largest Caciques unit weighs 22.2 grams of .900 fine gold (.6430 troy oz pure).

Guaicaipuro

Just bullion, IMO.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are just cute bullion. A couple years back I had a complete set in a Capital Plastics holder that I was able to get 2% over for and thought I did very well.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Just" gold image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• I think there are 24 coins total in the set, don't remember exactly. Beautiful sets. When Gold was in the 300 range, yes there was a small premium. Perhaps 5-10%. The last set I saw sold for melt just this last year.