Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1933 Goudey Sport Kings Cobb Bumped to 8.5

Sometimes things work out very well in resubmissions.

I submitted the entire 1933 Goudey Sport Kings set in psa 8 and 4 came back an 8.5 including Bobby Jones and card #1 Ty Cobb.

To view Ty and the Babe see http://musicandsportscard.blogspot.com

Jim

Comments

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    WOW is the only words I can think of to describe the Cobb!!!! Congratulations !!!
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Jim, Fantastic cards image

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Great bumps, Jim! Congrats
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    beautie!!!!

congrats, that must be some set
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    WOW, Congrats!
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    That Cobb is absolutely beautiful Jim. Perhaps the best looking Sport Kings that I have ever seen. The color, corners, centering, gloss and focus are perfect and you don't see many of these with all those attributes.

SL
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Congratulations!

The subject Tyrus has remarkably bright borders and a pleasing yellow background. Very attractive and elite. What stellar cards.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Thanks guys and thanks to Jay for scanning both cards. My daughter could figure out how to scan it to my blog but not onto CU.

Since its the holiday season and she is home for college perhaps I can convince her to scan a couple more.

I think the 1933 Goudey Sport King Set is my favorite complete set of all.

Jim
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    AMAZING Jim ... thanks for sharing and congrats on the bump.

What's the $$ diff between an 8.0 and 8.5 on the Cobb?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Jim , nice bumpage . From what I see they deserved the jump.

I long for the day to maybe see this collection . The end of May is looking real nice. --- Sonny

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>AMAZING Jim ... thanks for sharing and congrats on the bump.

What's the $$ diff between an 8.0 and 8.5 on the Cobb? >>

The 8.5 is a pop 1 , with 3 nines and 1-ten rated higher . The last "8" sold was in 2006 for $10,827.

On a different note the Ruth is a pop 21 with 1-eight.five and 2-nines. The last 8 sold this past March for $ 27, 255

----------------------------------------------------------

Nice cards , if I might say.---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Doug,

Perhaps $10,000 but when you are dealing with cards of this price it helps two have two motivated buyers.

Sonny--end of May--lets plan on it!

For a real debate about what the dollar value is see my next post.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Jim