Home Sports Talk
Options

The Knicks -- are they back for real?

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
So far, so good. They have a good coach, Isiah is gone, and Amare is having a monster season. This can only be good for the NBA in my opinion -- and a rivalry with the Celtics would spur more interest in the Northeast.

I also have a soft spot for the Knicks, because I was a big Bernard King fan in the mid-80s. The Knicks likely would have had a title if his career had not effectively ended with that injury in Kansas City.

Comments

• Options
    What is the key to NY's success so far ? I see what you said about AS, but who else is helping that team ?
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    The Heat would have been better off with AS than Bosh.
  • Options

<< <i>What is the key to NY's success so far ? I see what you said about AS, but who else is helping that team ? >>

Felton has been amazing so far. It's done him a lot of good to get out of Charlotte.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    smoke and mirrors. They are still likely a playoff team but, of course, it won't matter.

Amare is a top 10 offensive player but his defensive awareness is poor at best.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Knicks got 'Melo, and are now in a free-fall. Incredible.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    They need some help around Melo and AS.
  • Options
    unreal indeed!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Ha! As soon as I announce their demise, they win 7 in a row. Not a cupcake first round for the C's now.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    sure, they've won 7 straight, but most were cupcakes....that said, I wish the C's were playing Philly instead. Philly would be tough, but they don't a proven scorer like Anthony and Amare, or clutch player like Billups.

I can see the Knicks pushing the C's to 7 games.