Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

PSA 8.5 1954 Red Heart MANTLE "SOLD"

$1850 firm delivered. Arguably mint. One of the nicest cards I've ever owned. Enjoy the scans.

Comments

• Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Simply stunning! Good luck.
  • Options
    WOW!! I think I'm in love! Wish I had the ca$h, can't imagine ever finding a better example.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    When I saw that card.........

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Party on...great card!
  • Options
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    nice card. I'll give you average VCP for it.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Average VCP is for AVERAGE cards...not examples like this!!! People just dont get it...The Average of the Average is just that Average....not STELLAR like this!!!
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    How did that not get a 9? Have you thought about cracking out and resubbing? Did you submit it raw?

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to u on your truly stunning card.

brian
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Thunderdan,
    It compares to any 9 that I have viewed. Honestly, I'd be scared shi*less to crack that thing out. I'm actually not sure why I even have it for sale and may actually only have it for sale a couple of days. I guess the answer would be....I'm not a huge fan of regional or non mainstream issues.

Yes, the card was sent in by me RAW.
  • Options
    Ebay market is flooded with this card which would concern me if I was selling this card.
  • Options
    Wrigley,
    I don't understand what you just wrote. Why would the ebay market concern me as the seller of this particular card? There's probably only a few of this quality on that site. If there were 10 8.5's for sale then mine might not have the same impact at this time. If there were tons of them as a buyer-they may be concerned with purchasing a card that is readily available.

Mickey71
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I never said the card was average. I just said I'd give average vcp for it. He'll, it may be priced under average vcp for all I know.
  • Options

<< <i>Ebay market is flooded with this card which would concern me if I was selling this card. >>

There is exactly 1 that is an 8.5 & exactly 1 that is a 9.

Better get the sandbags quick to hold back the flood waters.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    that card is the bomb.

perfect example of what to look for in a strong card in an 8.5 holder....i'd guess the very light blue bleed at the top of the picture frame keeps it out of a 9, but that card is worth better $$ than a price guide or any average could imply.

i'd have a very tough time letting go of a card like that right now, and regret selling a similar raw example many years ago even though the price was quite right.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ebay market is flooded with this card which would concern me if I was selling this card. >>

There is exactly 1 that is an 8.5 & exactly 1 that is a 9.

Better get the sandbags quick to hold back the flood waters. >>

The one 8.5 on ebay is this card already.
  • Options
    PM Sent
  • Options
    Card has been sold.