Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Any advice on how to scan refractor cards ...for the registry

I know I will take some heat on this one 99 % of the collectors here are vintage. I am having a tough time with them showing up to dark. When I brighten it I lose quality. I am stumped ....anyone?
x

Comments

• Options
    I would help you ... if I knew what a "refractor" card was!!

I haven't run across any vintage refractors yet. image
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Boggsie-

What I have done is scan the card, print out the scan on a high-resoluation color printer, color in the "refractor" portion of the card with my favorite Crayolas -- and then I re-scan that, and would put that on the Registry.

(I have no clue how to answer your question -- as I don't think there even is a "right" answer). Refractors look cool at an angle -- and I don't think a scan can ever appropriately capture that)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    Those were good ideas. My 8 year old can help with the "recoloring". I knew I would take some heat. Thanks image
    x
  • Options
    I know what a refractor card is - I believe he means Jim Refractor who played for the reds in the early 60's. The glare off of his forehead makes for very difficult scanning.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    wow...tough crowd
    Zach