Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What hath Santa brought?

Speaking of the holiday season, that heavy-set guy in the red suit stopped by our place yesterday,
and in keeping with his long-standing annual tradition he left me a little surprise, the first gilt
proof to be added to my Davis/Withers collection! This one looks like the RRR Withers 473A
(Davis 111) but other ideas on that from you folks would certainly be welcome! (See below...it's
a lot brighter/flashier/gemmier in hand...had to tone down the lighting to avoid glare-back.)

Happy Hollandaise to all!

Tom

imageimage
I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy them too soon.

Proud (but humbled) "You Suck" Designee, February 2010.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic token Tom.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Thanks, Don...a tough eBay pick-up, actually.

I'm hoping other forumites will post their new holiday acquisitions as well.

Want to start the ball rolling?

Best ~
    Tom
    I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy them too soon.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What hath Santa brought? >>

Auction catalogs! And plenty of them.

BTW, nice token, Daltonista.
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you know Saturday night image
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    The following token arrived today, from Allan Davisson's mail bid auction #29 which just concluded.
    The picture does not begin to do justice to the absolutely mint state token or its mirrored surfaces.

Middlesex Murphy's DH #399
    imageimage
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    Oh boy - a ship!!! Nice token and the Portuguese - zowie - wish Santa would be so nice to meimage
    Shep
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    No coins under the tree this year (that I know of) but I have reason to believe there may be a Swiss Watch waiting for me, which I guess is the next best thing.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    What hath Santa brought?

Bills. From previous coin purchases. image

Very cool token Daltonista.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I have instructed NO NUMISMATICA unless I can direct what one is buying. It often means that I will receive a POS collectible from a commercial. I have learned to dissuade any help in my hobby, unless I can give any exact label or Title! image -Dan
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Two more Conder tokens arrived today - purchased from the remainders list for the Davisson mail bid auction #29. Both are uncirculated.

Cheshire Macclesfield #87 - a token ("half halfpenny") made for collectors by John Westwood based on the genuine Cheshire Macclesfield tokens of Charles Roe
    imageimage

South Wales #26a - Another farthing token, a nice R&B, ex. Wayne Anderson
    imageimage
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    "Half halfpenny"...a new one on me.
    That's one of the great things about our
    hobby, IMHO...there's always more to learn.

Tom

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crikey, man, that piece in the OP looks like a freakin' modern striking! Whoa! image

I got a five-pack of white T-shirts, a new pair of suede moccasins (just in time to replace the old pair that the cat crapped in), and a dress shirt.

Numismatically speaking? Zilch, unless you count the $20 present I bought myself. (I'm not revealing that, lest my Darkside brethren laugh me off the boards.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Good to see you back from the land of the Yeti, Rob!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's rather frigid in Yetiland. Had to come in from the cold eventually. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    No coins, but I did get a nice new office chair so I can sit here and drool in comfort while looking at the photos, lol.
    Bob

• Options
    Really missed you Robbie.

Good to see you back!
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.