Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Swap question.

Hey!

OKay, Im the new guy so I'd like to get more information about how the swap works, from what I read it looks like fun, you are assigned a person to send to, and you tal;k to them, see what they like, and you send them something of a certain value, while at the same time someone is doing the same for you?

If Im off let me know.

Thanks!

Geoff

Comments

• Options
    First of all Welcome to the boards Geoff!!!

The question you asked, you are correct!!!!

Paul
  • Options
    Welcome! The boards are great. I think you have the idea of the swap. Cya on the boards!

-Phoenix
    image Two addictions- coins!!! And SMILEYS. I couldn't quit either one even if I wanted to! image
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Geoff. You have the swap concept down. I would, however, hasten to add that on this board, swaps are somewhat hit-or-miss. What I am saying is that although a dollar figure is important(although most generous types far exceed it), a guarantee of specific types of coins is not. While you should try to accomadate(sp?) your send-to guy, If you end up having to go to the local coin store to pay retail for the coins you send, you are doing it wrong. Most collectors have "extras" they don't need, and the excitement of an unknown package more than makes up for receiving coins which are not exactly what you collect. Coins which are not your cup of tea but have undeniable value also make great items for future swaps. Have you ever played a card game called "Pass the Trash"?
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Welcome Geoff. Yes, you have it right. I have been in many of these swaps and have been fortunate to be able to run a few, including the latest one. Hope you participate and I know you will enjoy the swap and getting to know many of the people. Let me know if I can answer any of your questions. Louie
  • Options
    welcome to the boards geoff, you have pretty much the right idea about it all, and Morganbarber had much valuable insite also.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3