Home Precious Metals
Options

Goldman Sachs: Precious Metals To Rise 28% In 2011

By Murray Coleman
Goldman Sachs (GS) is predicting that precious metals as a group will jump 28% in 2011, according to a detailed report by Janet Levaux for the AdvisorOne site.

She talked to several different sources. One was Thomas Winmill, manager of the Midas Fund (MIDSX). He believes gold prices could average $1,500 an ounce next year and that silver will jump to around $35 an ounce from $20.

That would be good news to investors in the iShares Silver ETF (SLV). It’s up more than 73% this year so far.

The SPDR Gold (GLD) has gained more than 25% in 2010.

Text
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• Options
    GS, a place whose advice I treasureimage
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not gonna make their buddies at JPM very happy.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>By Murray Coleman
    Goldman Sachs (GS) is predicting that precious metals as a group will jump 28% in 2011, according to a detailed report by Janet Levaux for the AdvisorOne site.

She talked to several different sources. One was Thomas Winmill, manager of the Midas Fund (MIDSX). He believes gold prices could average $1,500 an ounce next year and that silver will jump to around $35 an ounce from $20.

That would be good news to investors in the iShares Silver ETF (SLV). It’s up more than 73% this year so far.

The SPDR Gold (GLD) has gained more than 25% in 2010.

Text >>

When oil was 145, GS said it was going to $200. It went to 148.

Im not saying gold wont go higher, but GS is in the business of making themselves money, not making you money.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>GS, a place whose advice I treasureimage >>

Better to treasure their advice then for them to steal yours ( treasure )
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>GS, a place whose advice I treasureimage >>

Better to treasure their advice then for them to steal yours ( treasure ) >>

Sounds like you don't like "the Goldman sachs"
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

When oil was 145, GS said it was going to $200. It went to 148.

Im not saying gold wont go higher, but GS is in the business of making themselves money, not making you money. >>

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im really none to interested in what goldman sachs has to say. i hope they are right but just the same, not interested