Home Precious Metals

2010 1/10 gold proof ?

ok i just noticed this and was amazed ...anyone have any info
POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that they reordered boxes, perhaps from a different supplier, and the new guy goofed the wording.
    Cute.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are those boxes blue or black? Mine are blue, and now I'll have to check and see what the lettering is from my 1st day order.
  • the velvet box is a tad different color aswell one is a bit darker....any thoughts on if this could add any value i wonder how many were made .....i have never seen one with gold proof coin
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • they are a very dark blue
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
  • I bet you wish the coin was in that box.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    turn them over.

are there stickers on the back covering old bar codes?

they may be re-cycled boxes.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • the coins have been slabbed already the barcode on the back is the same on both it says pg4 at the top and 7 04785 11082 3 at the bottom so they are the same as far as that goes
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
  • The one that reads "Proof" is worth $ 10,000 dollars more that the other.....image
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the coins have been slabbed already the barcode on the back is the same on both it says pg4 at the top and 7 04785 11082 3 at the bottom so they are the same as far as that goes >>

ahhhh... but is it a sticker? I'm guessing they re-cycled old packaging and placed a sticker over the old barcode and item number on both. They just two different old boxes. (oops?)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind having a proof proof coin.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both of my boxes say proof/proof
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    proof - proof on my 1/10 ozer too.