Options
Walking Liberty 1946 S large and small mint marks
The Red Book indicates large and small mint mark varieties for a few WLH dates, but not the 1946-S (at least not in my 1972 edition of the Red Book).
I was just looking though some junk silver that I picked up today, and found a pair of 1946-S WLHs with dramatically larger and smaller mint marks. Anybody seen this for this date? I have no capability of shooting an image showing this degree of detail, but the large "S" is nicely formed and symmetrical with a nice sharp serif at the top, and the micro "S" has a very skinny top curve and blob of a serif.
Anybody else seen this? Do you think the folks at the Red Book would care to know about these varieties for this date and mint?
I was just looking though some junk silver that I picked up today, and found a pair of 1946-S WLHs with dramatically larger and smaller mint marks. Anybody seen this for this date? I have no capability of shooting an image showing this degree of detail, but the large "S" is nicely formed and symmetrical with a nice sharp serif at the top, and the micro "S" has a very skinny top curve and blob of a serif.
Anybody else seen this? Do you think the folks at the Red Book would care to know about these varieties for this date and mint?
"Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?
0
Comments
Enjoy!
MS Buffalo
MS 1951