Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Heritage NYINC sale Jan 2. Lot viewing Jan 1 at noon...

With all those hungover numismatists at lot viewing, will that be a good thing for consignors?
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that bigger problem is that there is an assumption that coin collectors will not be glued to the TV watching football- there is quite the historic match up in the Rosebowl with Texas Christain v Wisconsin. It likely has a late start on the East Coast- but still...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you found out if lot viewing is at the Waldorf or at their new gallery on Park Avenue?

I would have expected lot viewing to be available earlier at Park Avenue.
  • Options
    RobPRobP Posts: 483 ✭✭
    A word of warning for anyone interested in lot 24196. Either the slab description or the provenance given is wrong. It certainly looks like Norweb 1726 with the verdigris spot to the right of the 1, but if the description in the Norweb sale and on the label are correct and it is in fact plain edge, then the Brice and Montagu provenances are incorrect for certain because the latter was unaware of the variety. It isn't in the last edition of Montagu's Copper Coins of England (1893) and a note to this effect is included in the description for Murdoch (III) lot 682. If plain edge the provenance further back than Norweb can't be relied on as nothing is illustrated, but if the names are correct then it would be Murdoch 682 part, Nobleman 406 part and Brand. If the edge is dotted, then the provenance applies. I suggest that anyone interested gets a definitive answer regarding the edge, preferably by viewing.