Home Sports Talk
Options

BOB FELLER DIES at age 92

GOD BLESS Mr. Feller. RIP.
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    Great Ambassador for the game of baseball! Rest in peace, Rapid Robert. You will be missed.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Great guy, great representative for baseball. Only the good die young.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP
  • Options

<< <i>Only the good die young. >>

Anyways, RIP
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    RIP
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the greats. Imagine how many wins he would've had if he hadn't missed 4 seasons in his prime, due to WW II. Probably about 350 wins, I'm guessing.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest in Peace, Bob. You were one of the good ones. RIP

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

<< <i>Great guy, great representative for baseball. Only the good die young. >>

So you're saying he wasn't a good guy? What a moronic statement.
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guy, great representative for baseball. Only the good die young.

I would give Mr. Boopotts the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was using irony to make a complimentary statement about Bob Feller and wished he had lived even longer.

Perhaps after you've been on these boards for a while, you'll figure that out.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options

<< <i>Great guy, great representative for baseball. Only the good die young.

I would give Mr. Boopotts the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was using irony to make a complimentary statement about Bob Feller and wished he had lived even longer.

Perhaps after you've been on these boards for a while, you'll figure that out. >>

Way to go. You just gave him an out for a stupid statement.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Great guy, great representative for baseball. Only the good die young.

Perhaps after you've been on these boards for a while, you'll figure that out. >>

Way to go. You just gave him an out for a stupid statement. >>

I'm sure I posted something that offended one of your previous alts and sent you into a flying rage, but for the life of me I can't figure out what that might have been.

Obviously, you can't hate Bob Feller. It's like hating Arnold Palmer. The guy was so classy on so many levels that you can't conjure a single objection to him.