Home Sports Talk
Options

REMINDER: Game #7 of the 1960 W.S. on MLB TV tonight

PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
For those of you who subscribe to MLB TV, the recently discovered telecast of Game #7 of the 1960 World Series is being shown tonight 8pm ET/5pm PT.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't Google it and look it up, but it's probably just another of those World Series that the Yankees won.
  • Options
    Wanna bet? image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wanna bet? image >>

Bobby Richardson, a Yankees player, was the series MVP so how could the Yankees not have won? image
  • Options

<< <i>

Bobby Richardson, a Yankees player, was the series MVP so how could the Yankees not have won? image >>

That was a joke. Maz was the real MVP of that series.

anyway, i found this out too late image did anyone watch it?
  • Options
    It was really cool to watch. Interesting to note: The Yankees had pitchers warming up in the bullpen from the first inning to the last. And this is before the starter was even in trouble. Why Casey Stengel never pitched Whitey Ford in that game is beyond me. It probably ended up getting him fired at the end of the year.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't see this thread before posting another. What's even more strange is that he had Whitey warm up in the pen but never brought him in. Maybe it was because he was pitching on a day's rest but why warm him up in the first place if you don't intend to use him? I think Casey was going senile by then. The fact the Mets were so bad probably masked it for the last years he managed.
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Bobby Richardson, a Yankees player, was the series MVP so how could the Yankees not have won? image >>

That was a joke. Maz was the real MVP of that series.

anyway, i found this out too late image did anyone watch it? >>

Excellent presentation with Costas hosting. Many of the players from that series showed up and Richardson was on the dais and was really enjoying watching the game and commenting.

The only downers were seeing Bill Skowron kinda out of it mentally and not having Tony Kubec there (since he apparently now despises all things pro-ball).
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Folks, Whitey Ford was not the bionic man. He had 1 day rest and was a starting pitcher. Stengel probably had him warming up hoping that he had something in the tank, which he obviously did not. Classic World Series with Maz being the hero.