Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WTB: Andre Dawson, Don Mattingly Gold Glove "GG" relic auto jersey cards & Scottie Pi

I've recently picked up a Mike Schmidt 2008 Topps Sterling 10GG signed jersey card and a Ryne Sandberg 2007 Topps Sterling 9GG signed jersey card on ebay. I would like to get similar cards of Don Mattingly (9 Gold Gloves) and Andre Dawson (8 Gold Gloves). I'm also looking for a Scottie Pippen 98-99 Topps Stadium Club Never Compromise card, graded or raw.

Comments

• Options
    Sandberg

• Options
  • Options
    After posting in this thread I'm aggressively searching for a 1986 Topps #200 Mike Schmidt in PSA 10. Also wouldn't mind getting the tiffany card in 10.

EDIT: Recently picked up both the regular and tiffany 1986 Topps #200 Mike Schmidt in PSA 10 so I'm not looking for them anymore.
  • Options
    the '86 psa10s are difficult

are you steadfast about it only being a 10? reason i ask is that you can find a really nice 9 for a fraction of the price. i think i paid about $5 for mine last winter

and no, its not for sale lol
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Yeah I really want the 10. I picked up a GMA-10 that I cracked out... it looks nice but I have a feeling it's going to come back as recolored. There are tiny pixels of green visible on the scan under the red PHILLIES letters. It might not have 55/45 centering, so I have a feeling it will come back either PSA 9 or evidence of recoloration. It's definitely better than 8 and probably won't make 10. I'll try to post the scan when I find the image file on my computer.

I went through some of my older cards and I found one that looks like it might actually be the card I pulled from my first pack ever. I can't ever be totally sure, but I think it's more likely than not to be the one. It's probably a PSA 5 at this point, but I wouldn't get it slabbed. I want to be able to hold it in my hands until the day I die.
  • Options
    id love to see the card you think is your first. scan it for us when you get a chance

are you actively seeking the PSA 10 '86 Schmidt?
  • Options
    Actively seeking how? You mean besides here, ebay, and the occasional card show? Not really. Where else is there to look?

If you know of one for sale, I'm definitely interested. i might not want to spend an arm and a leg for it until I know this one I'm about to show you has no chance of being a PSA 10, but I have serious doubts, which is why I'm looking for one that's already graded.

Here's a GMA 10 that I cracked out last night just because I'd never cracked a card out of a graded holder before. Notice there's a hint of green under the letters in PHILLIES and the entire card has much richer color than all the others I'm about to link.

Next is a PSA 8 that I cracked out immediately after the other one. This one might have a shot at a 8.5 possibly, but the chipping and lack of centering are too severe to get it in a 9 holder. Notice how the back of the PSA 8 is much richer in color than the back of the GMA 10.

Next up are two raw cards that I've had for a while. Like I said, I can't be 100% certain, but I think the one on the left is the one I pulled out of my first pack. The one on the right is a card that I picked up at a show a few years ago for 50 cents or a dollar.

Most of the flaws in the first card (left) can't be seen in the scan. In addition to the chipping and soft upper left corner, there are several light creases all around the name at the bottom, as well as two deeper ones (but still relatively light) directly above his right foot, the lower right corner has a dog ear, and from the hands to the Topps logo, there's some awkward and unusual warping - not a crease or even an indentation. It looks like it's been curved by having a heavy round object placed on top of it for an extended period. If this is indeed the card I think it is, I probably had it in PVC pages for about 10-15 years before putting it in a top loader. It's just a little curved I guess, but it's not uniformly curved as if it came from a vending box. Only the circled part is affected. Kind of strange. I definitely like this card a lot. If nothing else, it's unique! I mean, there's no possible way there can be another one in existence with all the exact flaws this one has. I guess that makes it 1 of 1, lol.
  • Options
    Those would be the the places to check. i have no idea of what PSA10s are going for nowadays, but back when i picked up my 9, 10's were in the $50 BIN range, with two sellers (whom i cannot remember the names of) who were not willing to budge on their price.

i think its best to pick the card up already slabbed, especially with a tough issue like the 86's
  • Options
    4SC just listed a 10 at $74.99 LOL, I'm not paying that much. I might go as high as $50 if I succumb to weakness at a low point during my day.
  • Options

<< <i>4SC just listed a 10 at $74.99 LOL, I'm not paying that much. I might go as high as $50 if I succumb to weakness at a low point during my day. >>

That is a little high. Tough card though.
  • Options
    Do you think the GMA 10 I cracked out was recolored? And if not, will PSA lower the grade due to the green dots being visible under the red letters?

Those are the only potential issues I see with it. The rest of the card is really nice and might have a shot at PSA 10. I'm definitely going to submit it, it's just a question of when.
  • Options
    Id put ZERO faith in "GMA". i wouldnt buy anything that isnt BGS/PSA/SGC slabbed. i dont think that the GMA 10 Schmidt has any shot at a PSA 10
  • Options
    Actually it wasn't 4SC, it was ypsi72.

I know GMA sucks. I meant based on the scan, is there any shot at PSA 10?
  • Options
    I just lost out on the only ebay listing for a Scottie Pippen 98-99 Topps Stadium Club "Never Compromise" card. I am looking to buy one raw or graded.
  • Options
  • Options
    ttt