Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry Plus and Minus values

Does the PSA Registry award the same point values for PSA 8 cards in PSA 8, PSA 8 MC and PSA 8 OC? When reveiwing the set values, I noticed there's no plus or minus values in the chart.
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    No they do not, an 8 with a qualifier will be credited as a 6.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>No they do not, an 8 with a qualifier will be credited as a 6. >>

Thanks! We just began collecting vintage PSA baseball cards... does the collecting community view a PSA 6 equal to or better than a PSA 8 MC or OC?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    JustusJustus Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I'd rather have a straight 6 than an 8 with a qualifier.
    Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.
  • Options
    I would say the expression "buy the card, not the holder" applies here. From a resale value you are probably smarter with the unqualified cards (6NQ>8Q). From an asthetic stand point opinions will vary. Happy collecting.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>No they do not, an 8 with a qualifier will be credited as a 6. >>

Thanks! We just began collecting vintage PSA baseball cards... does the collecting community view a PSA 6 equal to or better than a PSA 8 MC or OC? >>

An 8(OC) sometimes will be valued higher than a PSA 6, especially if the centering would be good enough to get a PSA 6. Sometimes it will be lower, sometimes it will be about the same. The eye appeal of the card makes a big difference.

An 8(MC) is very difficult to sell if the miscut is on the front. Registry points aside, that's often an ugly card to look at. If the miscut is on the back, it will probably sell for lower than a straight 6, but not ridiculously low.

The tougher the card is to get, the more forgiving collectors are of this sort of defect (e.g., tobacco cards with qualifiers do better than 1960s Topps with qualifiers).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.