Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Additions and Downgrades to my "Gross" 144 Commem Set

I would like to thank Don Soles for the 10 additions or downgrades to my "Gross" 144 commem set. Don has sent me some excellent commems for this set. I feel fortunate to get 1 or 2 new ones a year but 10 was a dream. What a Thanksgiving suprise. Only 71 more for this set.

Comments

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    You link takes me to the PCGS Registry homepage.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Wow; a low-ball Commemorative series set, and the 144 complete set, at that. That's got to be very difficult, considering how well-preserved most commemoratives are.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • The set looks well on its way!
    Bruce
  • I noticed Teletrade has some "Bottom pops" coming up Sunday.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    you have amassed quite a bit of circulation in those coins
    (think of the millions of people those coins have met and states/countries they have traveled)

the complete set looks like quite a chore
    with so many Arkansas, Boone, Booker T Washington, Oregon, Texas and Washington-Carvers

well circulated commems are so cool - a few coming up on TT Sunday

• that beaver is just plain wore out!
    bruce scher

<< <i>that beaver is just plain wore out!
    bruce scher >>

Generally, I don't like my beavers to be worn out. But there's something about that well-circulated beaver that I really like! image
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why the Albany is "only" a FR02? If it was a Morgan with that much wear it wouldn't get a grade because the date would be gone. It's a beautiful coin and I'm sure if it could talk would have many stories to tell.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder why the Albany is "only" a FR02? If it was a Morgan with that much wear it wouldn't get a grade because the date would be gone. It's a beautiful coin and I'm sure if it could talk would have many stories to tell. >>

A bit too much reverse rim lettering.
    A coin must be PO1 on both sides to warrant the grade- even if one side is nearly slick- if the other is AG'ish or even FA2 it won't grade out.

peacockcoins

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited to add

Someone wanted that Albany real bad!

peacockcoins