Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

It's that time again...

Comments

• Options
    I'm guessing big money!!!
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big money is a given. But if I recall the last one did not fair as well as was expected. Do we have a price for when this last sold or an equivalent to compare too??

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm guessing big money!!! >>

Agreed!

<< <i>Do we have a price for when this last sold or an equivalent to compare too?? >>

Yes, 69K on Saturday, February 16, 2008
  • Options
    The PCGS price guide only lists it at $90,000. According to Numismedia, you might be able to get $36,500 for it.

I'm guessing somewhere between Mercedes E-class and S-class range, maybe $100,000, give or take the worth of my entire frigging collection.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This coin hit the market even more recently, no?

I believe it did not sell at that juncture. Perhaps it will fare better this time, as I think there is a "rising tide" with respect to tough coins in high grade.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to be a downer on something I know nothing about, but doesn't this coin have a lot of specks for a 66???

To me it's not that eye appealing, especially for the kind of money being tossed around here.

JMHO
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not to be a downer on something I know nothing about, but doesn't this coin have a lot of specks for a 66???

To me it's not that eye appealing, especially for the kind of money being tossed around here.

JMHO >>

I agree. Aren't there 6 others to choose from in this grade?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>I agree. Aren't there 6 others to choose from in this grade? >>

No only, 1 the other 6 are in collections. Availably of this coin in this grade drives its value. You likely will not find the other 6 for for sale for many years.