Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sub instructions for Psa/Dna red flip sub.......

Hey guys,
PSA/DNA SUBMISSION

It will be $11 a card no matter how many cards get submitted. There in no minimum. To be honest I'm making a $1 a card for the time & effort. I dont want to offend anyone but its a lot of repsonsibility. Also everyone who submits will donate $2 to cover shipping to PSA & back to me.

It will be red flip grade or no grade. The only thing is all graded cards will be submitted on there own submission & non graded on another.

I'm submitting the order to Psa on 1/17/2011. Turnaround times vary with Psa/Dna

All cards need to be sent to me with insurance & delivery confirmation. I would need a print out or had written list of all cards broken down by year, set, card #, player name & if grading or not.

Please include the $ to cover Psa/Dna & insures shippping with del conf back to you.

1) I will update you when cards are received.
2) I will update you when I send cards to Psa/Dna.
3) I will update you when I get confirmation from Psa/Dna that they were received.
4) I will update you with expected pop date.
5) I will update you with a copy of the pop sub from the Psa/Dna site.
6) I will update you when I receive the cards back.
7) I will update you when I mail the cards back to you. Supplying delivery confirmation & insurance #'s.

Please send only USPS money orders or Paypal as a gift to cover all fees

Any ? please feel free to contact me.

Best regards!

Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

Comments

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    You are doing Beckett/JSA or PSA/DNA?
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You are doing Beckett/JSA or PSA/DNA? >>

Redflip/blueflip?
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    if red flip I might be in for a few cards... I'm guessing PSA will have a red flip special soon they normally do one every 6 months or so.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    i'm in for one or 2 if red flip.

Thanks
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I have one I would send.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for a few. Thanks for setting this up.
  • Options
    Guys I'm contacting Psa/Dna today to see the pirce on a red label sub. I will update tonight.
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    I might be in for 25 or so. How much does it usually cost for the red flip per card?
  • Options

<< <i>I might be in for 25 or so. How much does it usually cost for the red flip per card? >>

$20 normally - when they run specials $10 - I would guess if the OP can get enough cards to sub PSA would give us close to the special rate.
  • Options
    That would be sweet for $10. Thank you.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    this would be for Auto authentication as well as card grading and entrance to any psa registered set..I presume? Count me in for a few as well
  • Options
    If you got the $10 deal for red flips...I have 25-50 I'd probably be in for
  • Options
    canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    Please excuse my ignorance but can someone tell me the difference between the red vs. blue flips. I tried finding the info on the PSA website - but to no avail. Thanks!
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    I believe

red-autograph is authenticated, card is graded, card is able to be added into psa registry

blue- autograph is authenticated, autograph is graded, card is not able to be added to psa set registry, card is able to be added to psa/dna registry
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Yep. If you use the blue flip you are getting the autograph itself graded and you could use it on the psa/dna registry. So you might see a 10 on a card that might only be a 7. With the red flip, the card is graded. This one can be used on a psa registry. It all depends on what you want, but there are more psa registry folks than psa/dna, hence the red flip would have more popularity.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Please excuse my ignorance but can someone tell me the difference between the red vs. blue flips. I tried finding the info on the PSA website - but to no avail. Thanks! >>

You ask about the difference between red and blue flips. Here it is in a nutshell for signed cards. I don't participate in either registry so that's not important to me and won't be addressed below.

1)When PSA slabs an autographed card in a blue flip, they are only making an opinion as to the authenticity of the autograph, they are not making an opinion as to the authenticity of the card itself. For cards that are valuable, this is extremely important, because if you buy a blue flipped autographed card, you have no independent verification that the card itself is authentic and unaltered, you only have verification that the auto is legit. If you call PSA and ask them, they will tell you that a card grader and authenticator, never reviews the blue flipped cards, only an autograph authenticator does. Thus, say for instance you are purchasing a Mickey Mantle signed rookie card, wouldn’t you want to know that BOTH the graph and the card are good as opposed to only knowing that the sig was good, but not knowing that the card might be a counterfeit?? With the red flips, PSA is making a judgement on BOTH the autograph and the card.
    2) When you send in a card for a blue flip, you have to pay different and higher fees (unless you catch a special) based on different signers. IE, Michael Jordan is $100, Tiger is $100, common player is $20, Mantle is $75 or so, etc. When you send in a card for a red flip, you pay one set price unless the card itself is valued over $500.00 then you simply pay the next level up for that one. It is far cheaper to get cards slabbed with the red, then with the blue. I think PSA does that because the red flips can only be gotten by ($$$ members only) while the blue flips could be gotten by anyone.
    3) I personally don’t like the grading scales on the blue flipped autographs. It is far too easy. 10’s are passed out like candy so to me it waters down the desirability of the numeric grade (perhaps not for the short term, but for the long term when people figure it out) . Additionally, autographs are subject to environmental factors way more than cards are, so a blue flip autographed card might be a 10 today, and then in two years if exposed to light, you might not even be able to see the graph, however, it will still be housed in a 10 holder. To me, that’s totally bogus and I don’t see the long term market being able to sustain premium prices for high grades on routine graphs. Additionally, a person’s own eyes can easily discern the eye appeal of a graph, they don’t need a grader to call it a 10 to know that It is bold, clear, and typical of the signer.
    4) I buy and sell all the time, and I’ve found that it is far easier to sell autographed cards at better prices that are in a red flip with card grade then blue flip either with or without autograph grade (with a few exceptions of course and only applies to the items I deal in, signed rookie cards). For high dollar items, if it is in a blue flip, the first question people ask is “Is the card authentic and unaltered?”¨, if it’s in a red flip with “Authentic” only, (in other words, no card grade), then the first question they ask is “Is the card unaltered?”. I’ve found that even low graded cards in red flips tend to sell for more then ones just graded authentic. People seem to understand that for a variety of reasons, autographed cards are much harder to obtain in high card grades, then unautographed cards due to the reasons that damage can occur at so many points of the autograph acquisition. This also tremendously helps the sale of high grade red flipped autographed cards.

Just my two cents if that,

Mike

Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Thanks guys - this is very helpful.
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Will we be able to submit multi-signed cards?
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    How about oversized cards like 52 bowman large, ect?
  • Options

<< <i>How about oversized cards like 52 bowman large, ect? >>

I believe they fit in the normal holders.. I could be wrong though...
  • Options
    Hey guys,
    PSA/DNA SUBMISSION

It will be $11 a card no matter how many cards get submitted. There in no minimum. To be honest I'm making a $1 a card for the time & effort. I dont want to offend anyone but its a lot of repsonsibility. Also everyone who submits will donate $2 to cover shipping to PSA & back to me.

It will be red flip grade or no grade. The only thing is all graded cards will be submitted on there own submission & non graded on another.

I'm submitting the order to Psa on 1/17/2011. Turnaround times vary with Psa/Dna

All cards need to be sent to me with insurance & delivery confirmation. I would need a print out or had written list of all cards broken down by year, set, card #, player name & if grading or not.

Please include the $ to cover Psa/Dna & insures shippping with del conf back to you.

1) I will update you when cards are received.
    2) I will update you when I send cards to Psa/Dna.
    3) I will update you when I get confirmation from Psa/Dna that they were received.
    4) I will update you with expected pop date.
    5) I will update you with a copy of the pop sub from the Psa/Dna site.
    6) I will update you when I receive the cards back.
    7) I will update you when I mail the cards back to you. Supplying delivery confirmation & insurance #'s.

Please send only USPS money orders or Paypal as a gift to cover all fees

Any ? please feel free to contact me.

Best regards!

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    multi signed cards?
  • Options

<< <i>multi signed cards? >>

No to multi or oversize. Sorry!

Please contact me for mailing address.

Best regards!

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Please count me in for at least 20 cards. I will have both graded and ungraded cards to submit. I will have a firm number for you by the end of the month. Thanks for setting this up!!
  • Options
    Are the 1952 bowman large considered oversized?
  • Options
    My estimate is I'll be in for around 40, all graded. I'll also have a firm number and get them out to you around the end of the month. Thanks for your time and effort!
  • Options
    Any ? feel free to pm me.

• Options

<< <i>

Best regards! >>

Just wondering why no multi? PSA does not charge any more for authenticating/grading them normally. (Did PSA say no upfront?)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Best regards! >>

Just wondering why no multi? PSA does not charge any more for authenticating/grading them normally. (Did PSA say no upfront?) >>

To be honest I never asked about multi. I will accept them but if there is & extra charge or if they dont authenticate them its on the submitter. I'm trying to keep it easy for everyone.

Best regards!

• Options
    Is there a value limit?
  • Options
    I need to receive all cards by Saturday 1/16/2011 the latest. All cards received after this datewill be sent back at the owners expense.

Best regards!

• Options
    ttt

• Options
    Please pm me for contact info.

Best regards!

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    This, plus I presume 52 Topps and what not are ok, but did they give you a price for tall boys (65 Football, 69 & 70 Baseball, etc.)? I know they aren't OK at this price level, but would be curious as to what they might run.

<< <i>Is there a value limit? >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Can the red flip/blue flip experts explain this? The blue flip says "reprint" but the red flip says "Authentic" yet both are not real.

The red one is very very misleading - see back scan circled in red.

• Options

<< <i>Can the red flip/blue flip experts explain this? The blue flip says "reprint" but the red flip says "Authentic" yet both are not real.

>>

Only explanation is PSA F-ed that one up. Reprint should definitely be in blue flip.

Commissions

• Options
    Wow, that is a pretty big error on PSA's part. Did you purchase that card, or just find it like that?

<< <i>Can the red flip/blue flip experts explain this? The blue flip says "reprint" but the red flip says "Authentic" yet both are not real.

image >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, that is a pretty big error on PSA's part. Did you purchase that card, or just find it like that?
    >>

No, I found it on eBay a few months ago.

From what I've heard here on the board is that blue flip is grading the auto on anything and red flip grades the card...but what I don't understand about the red flip PSA/DNA...does it mean that the card is authentic?

If so, then yeah, this was a bigger goof on PSAs part than I originally thought.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow, that is a pretty big error on PSA's part. Did you purchase that card, or just find it like that?
    >>

No, I found it on eBay a few months ago.

From what I've heard here on the board is that blue flip is grading the auto on anything and red flip grades the card...but what I don't understand about the red flip PSA/DNA...does it mean that the card is authentic?

If so, then yeah, this was a bigger goof on PSAs part than I originally thought. >>

Any autograph (other than the ones already authenticated by the card manufacturer on insert cards from 1998 and later) has to pass PSA/DNA signature authentication in order to be slabbed. Therefore, if you submit a signed card for grading, both the signature and card must be authenticated. Then a combined overall grade is assigned and the card gets slabbed. It's not like baseballs where the ball gets its own grade separate and apart from the autograph.

Autographed tickets work the same way. The ticket itself and the autographs have to be authenticated. Then it gets a single grade and slabbed with a red flip.

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether a card or ticket that has been authenticated (and the autographs authenticated as well obviously) but not graded gets put in a red or blue flip. Can a signed ticket without a number grade be put in a red flip with a grade of "AUTH" or does it have to go in a blue flip?
  • Options
    What about submitting a few blue flips for cross-over to red flips? Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>
    The only thing I'm not sure of is whether a card or ticket that has been authenticated (and the autographs authenticated as well obviously) but not graded gets put in a red or blue flip.
    >>

If the card is authenticated but not graded it gets redflip.

Commissions

• Options
    I think before the blue flip, a red flip authentic was auto only. Then PSA decided to change and do both, red flip authentic screams altered/trimmed /reprint to me
  • Options
    Hey guys just pm me whan your sending.

Best regards!

• Options
    1st payment received.

Best regards!

• Options
    Tony,

Got your card.

Best regards!

• Options
    Chad,

Cards received.

Best regards!

• Options
    I decided on about 27 cars to send in. Hopefully I can find ac ouple more Jeters.

Best regards!

• Options
    TTT

• Options
    Is this group submission still on? How many are in so far? Also, any restrictions in terms of players, types of cards (IE: no thick cards like action packed, etc.), or things along those lines?
    Who is Rober Maris?