Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Submissions

Where can I find DETAILED instructions on submitting coins to PCGS fro grading? Their website does not tell how to ship the soins... ina flip? Does it matter what kind of flip? I even have a form for free submissions due to a registryset completion but I don't know the proper protocol for submissions. I have heard lots of horror stories from dealers how picky PCGS is about submissions. I don't know if they are exagerated or not but I don't want to learn the hard way!image
What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.

Comments

• Options
    If you're a PCGS Collector's Club member, you should have a booklet with instructions. (If you have submission privileges as a dealer, I have no idea what they send you, as your rules will be a little different.) The instructions I got are on a three-panel fold-out page, a separate sheet of paper from the much thicker book listing all of the PCGS coin numbers for different dates and mint marks for each coin series.

One has to have a Collector's Club membership or a dealer's certificate of some sort in order to submit coins. For a collector, they make you pay for the privilege of paying for the privilege, but it's certainly well worth the extra cost of getting the Platinum level membership for the eight coin submission voucher, as that fee costs less than the standard rate would.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭
    I am trying to use my four free submissions right now. I guess I need to JOin the club in order to get instructions? Hmmmmm.....image
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Print out the submission form, or look at the ones PCGS should have mailed you in their 'start up' kit. The directions are on the submission formsimage