Home Precious Metals
Options

I had a pretty cool visit from smoebody this morning. Not quite Sinclair, but close : )

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Peter Schiff and his brother Andrew stopped by the/my showroom this morning. Peter debated Jeremy Seigel at the nearby University Club earlier in the day. Rumors are he kicked Jeremy's buttimage..........That's their mother in the middle.

MJ
Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool. Are you in the background? Tell us about your showroom.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO WAY! How cool is that! image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    We're they shoe shopping, or did they come just to say hi ?
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool. Are you in the background? Tell us about your showroom. >>

I knew you in particular would appeciate that picimage. That's our Showroom in the 1370 building. 56/6th.............. Womens's shoes. To keep it pm related, I'm hot on the color gold for next Fall..........I work with Peter's Mom and that's how I know him. He was actually semi bubbly today. Derry, I took the picture so no that's not me in the background.MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Very cool. Are you in the background? Tell us about your showroom. >>

I knew you in particular would appeciate that picimage. That's our Showroom in the 1370 building. 56/6th.............. Womens's shoes. To keep it pm related, I'm hot on the color gold for next Fall..........MJ >>

Yepper, Peter helped me retire early. He is my hero. Too bad his pop is still in the pokey for trying to fight the IRS.

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    Way cool!
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Another ultra right wing extremist.

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭
    That's so cool, thanks for sharing image
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Mom, is a pleasant distraction image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>Mom, is a pleasant distraction image >>

I can see you're easily distracted image

• Options

Tim, I'm worried about you. Therefore, I'm posting a picture of my models in some of the fav's from Spring 11's collection. Enjoy. MJ

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Tim, I'm worried about you. Therefore, I'm posting a picture of my models in some of the fav's from Spring 11's collection. Enjoy. MJ

image >>

So Spring '11 is all about wearing opposite shoes. image
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......PM Forum now stands for Precious Models. image
  • Options
    Precious metal model opposite shoe foot fetishes?image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>......PM Forum now stands for Precious Models. image >>

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

Do you wear black skin tight bodysuits while you prance around there also? That might run the customers off, leave it to the models.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    I bet Peter would enjoy this place. It would be pretty cool to have him drop in. I'm just sayin'.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    what does his brother do?

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    that is madd sick!

now i know why you picked your avatar...selling CFM shoes to those who will wear them....that IS something the most intersting man in the world does!!!
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    Not a big Schiff fan anymore. His investments took a beating just like everything else in 2008. I liked him a lot a few years back and his advice helped spur me into gold. Then he started pimping emerging markets stocks and such. They got crushed.

If you see his last commentary, he says numismatic coins are a scam.

You have a great job.
  • Options
    DB- I agree with you. In 2008 he took a beating with all his Australian and anti dollar investments like the rest of the investment world. All in all I'm still a fan.

57- I'm a designer. It's funny that you know what CFM shoes areimage. I couldn't sell to save my "sole". I wish I could...................

Peter's brother works for Euro Pacific ( Schiff's firm) He is a great guy

MJ

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you see his last commentary, he says numismatic coins are a scam.

I don't think Schiff understands that numismatic gold coins don't have to cost 100X their melt value. That might work for proof $20 Libs and Saints. Doesn't he realize that a MS65 $20 Lib fetching 3X melt is a legitimate hedge utilizing both the price of gold as well as numismatic demand? For 99.999% of the world, proof $20 Libs aren't even on the radar screen due to unaffordability. Even a "stinkin" lowly CAC MS65 Saint at $2300 (1.7X melt) is a two-edged gold/numismatic sword. Most gold analysts do not understand the gold numismatic market so Schiff has plenty of company. Fwiw it is far simpler just to deal with 1 oz bullion gold coins. That have outperformed most, if not all generic gold over the past 5-10 years. But if one is playing gold market cycles, each of them has advantages at specific times. Up until spring 2006 numismatic generic gold had far outperformed bullion gold. But that was when the coin market began to peak. Generic gold in 63-66 grades really hasn't recovered since then.

MJ, is there any relationship between trends in the shoe market and PM's? Is that why you're always one step ahead of everyone?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool MJ!! You are uber-connected! Thanks for sharing your exciting lifestyle!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    Awesome photo and thread. Thanks for sharing.

PS. I'm mega-jealous.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    roadrunner - exactly. I like MS62-63 Liberties and Saints. You can get those for 10% or 20% over melt.

MJ - The thing I don't get about Schiff is he called what was going to happen almost EXACTLY yet still lost his shirt just like everyone else. That's almost worse then those who didn't see it coming and lost their shirt.
  • Options
    <MJ - The thing I don't get about Schiff is he called what was going to happen almost EXACTLY yet still lost his shirt just like everyone else. That's almost worse then those who didn't see it coming and lost their shirt>

DB- again, spot on. It puzzled me greatly also. He called each collapse and nailed it. His pitfall and what he didn't allow for was the fact that the dollar surged. He didn't count on that. The day Lehman failed was the writing on the wall. The weak dollar traded reversed and he was leaning all one way. I guess a lot of folks figured that if US banks failed that the dollar would get even weaker and that gold would soar. In 2008 that's not what happened. Moral of the story..............don't lean all one way and check your stubborn hat at the door even if it goes against your mantra.In fairness, if you stayed the course with his trades/Euro Pacific and you gutted it out 2008 you are ok today. Peter's mother is a Euro Pacific client and we had interesting conversations during the crisis. She stayed the course. She is fine.

RR,

I'm not good at many things. Fashion and financial forecasting I'm decent at and comes a little natural. Not much else. image

MJ

edited for spelling
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    I always watch when I see Peter on the financial channels though I haven't heard his internet radio show yet.

Are the two models on the right sisters? Are they single? Oh, wait, I'm not. Nevermind.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you see his last commentary, he says numismatic coins are a scam.

I'm listening right now to todays video. I truly hope you mis heard something or that he didn't say anything like that. Unless of course he was calling someone/some company out for doing that.

OK, this one??

December 3, 2010
    Gold, dollar, oil, jobs, deficits

I missed it

• Options
    Doesn't he realize that a MS65 $20 Lib fetching 3X melt is a legitimate hedge utilizing both the price of gold as well as numismatic demand? For 99.999% of the world, proof $20 Libs aren't even on the radar screen due to unaffordability. Even a "stinkin" lowly CAC MS65 Saint at $2300 (1.7X melt) is a two-edged gold/numismatic sword. Most gold analysts do not understand the gold numismatic market so Schiff has plenty of company. Fwiw it is far simpler just to deal with 1 oz bullion gold coins. That have outperformed most, if not all generic gold over the past 5-10 years. But if one is playing gold market cycles, each of them has advantages at specific times.

rr, you're always about 2 phases ahead of me - but I agree with you that what you've said here isn't understood by many people. The same thing applies to numismatic Modern Bullion. The numismatic premium acts as a great buffer with only a small downside as the market declines, but when the market is rising the premium may shrink somewhat but it doesn't hurt you.

I don't understand the exact timing of playing the market cycles as you describe it, but I recently started selling a little of my Modern Bullion holdings that have gained a significant numismatic premium. I was going to plow the proceeds into the Hockey Pucks, but I've almost decided NOT to buy into the high-premium issue and instead to simply buy more bullion at the lowest spreads I can find. Selling a bit of high premium stuff seems like the right move now, but I'm not sure that I can tell you exactly why.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i> Selling a bit of high premium stuff seems like the right move now, but I'm not sure that I can tell you exactly why. >>

Selling high premium stuff also. Doing so to be in a cash position for the next dip. Predict a temporary sell off if tax cuts don't get extended as investors scramble to lock in profits at this year's lower tax rates.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very cool to see them congrats image
  • Options
    This thread works on multiple levels for me (other that the mismatched shoes....must be a clearance outlet MJ's running image)

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    That s just way too cool. Peter Schiff is a hero of mine and I am friends with someone who knows him?[/i/] Yes!