Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ASE 25th Anv. Coins (PCGS)

Question/Comment:

In 2005 PCGS came out with a "20th Anv. label for the ASE, only to have the US MINT come out with one in 2006
I have seen on ebay, the 2010 ASE 25th Anv. coin/label from PCGS!!

DO YOU THINK THE MINT WILL ISSUE A 2011 25TH Anv. coin/set?? Have/did PCGS get it wrong again??

BTW . . . IMHO . . . I think the 20th Anv. coin should have been dated / year: 2005 !!! (but think that has been around before so not going there image

BLESSINGS

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Mint will likely do a 25th anniversary coin in 2011. 2011 will be the 25th anniversary of the Eagle program, but during the 26th year of production.

Likewise, 2010 is the 24th anniversary of the coin but its 25th year of production.

• Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I did notice that the PCGS label says "25th year of issue" but on the bay, they are calling it the 25th Anv. coin
    I don't think they (the Mint) will be making any special ASE coins or sets for the 25th year, they will run out of silver making the 3" coins image !!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, I did notice that the PCGS label says "25th year of issue" but on the bay, they are calling it the 25th Anv. coin
    I don't think they (the Mint) will be making any special ASE coins or sets for the 25th year, they will run out of silver making the 3" coins image !! >>

I'll settle for the Mint's Gold 25th set! image Maybe an unc. with frosted details this time? Or, how about a one time special reverse ($20 Saint reverse works for me)?

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes, I did notice that the PCGS label says "25th year of issue" but on the bay, they are calling it the 25th Anv. coin
    I don't think they (the Mint) will be making any special ASE coins or sets for the 25th year, they will run out of silver making the 3" coins image !! >>

I'll settle for the Mint's Gold 25th set! image Maybe an unc. with frosted details this time? Or, how about a one time special reverse ($20 Saint reverse works for me)? >>

I'd be cool with a special gold set like the 1993 Philadelphia Set that just had a cool silver medal with it... that should be easy enough for the Mint
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the Mint does a 25th, signifigant milestone 25th and all.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file