Home U.S. Coin Forum

self-adhesive coin holders

Is there anyone using the self-adhesive cardboard coin holders? I saw that Lighthouse produce some of those self-adhesive coin holders.
Are they safe for long term storage? thank you

Comments

• is there any other company makes self-adhesive coin holders besides Lighthouse?
  • I have and still do use them. They work very well albeit a bit more expensive than the staple application ones. I just do not trust my unsure hands anymore with the stapler. image
    Charter member of CA, Coinaholics Anonymous-6/7/2003
    Kewpie Doll award-10/29/2007
    Successful BST transactions with Coinboy and Wondercoin.
  • Someone used to make self adhesive 2 x 2's back in the late 60's and early 70's. I used a lot of them and looked at some recently. I saw no noticable discoloration or abnormal toning on any of the coins. I just remember they were a pain to use. The window plastic came separate and you had to place them over the hole in the 2 x 2's and then put the coin in and press them together. 40 years later they are still holding. I don't know who made them though.

Ron

Edited to add picture.

Shown are a few that have been sealed since about 1970.

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • thanks£¬ any other comments?
  • I use them , i get mine from ebay.uk as they seem to be a better quality than the ones i found here.
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone used to make self adhesive 2 x 2's back in the late 60's and early 70's. I used a lot of them and looked at some recently. I saw no noticable discoloration or abnormal toning on any of the coins. I just remember they were a pain to use. The window plastic came separate and you had to place them over the hole in the 2 x 2's and then put the coin in and press them together. 40 years later they are still holding. I don't know who made them though.

Ron

Edited to add picture.

Shown are a few that have been sealed since about 1970.

image >>

I'll be happy to take them off your hands at the listed prices! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• "I'll be happy to take them off your hands at the listed prices!"

Nickel 3¢ pieces were my first love. When I basically got down to the proof onlys I quit trying to collect them.
    I would love to find coins at the prices listed on these coins. Back then you could buy "Uncirculated" Saints for $75 each and probably get a little cut on that price, maybe buy them for $65 each. I wish I had bought an armload at that price.

If my memory serves me correctly I was making around $1.85 an hour back then.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the late 1960s I bought 3 proof 3-cent nickels (1883,1884,1886) at $190 for the lot. Eventually sold them for a small profit, wish now that I had kept them!

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• I was making around $1.85 an hour back then.

Ron >>

Yes indeed! image Oh,My God! A Frig'en flash-back! image
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a few and they are quick and easy to use. The only thing I do not like about them is that the cardboard part is much thinner. The coin is more exposed to contact because of this.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The self adhesive type holders that I've used require a Sharpie to write on them. A regular pen won't work due to the glossy plastic cover on the holder.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file