Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

If grades just popped today and something seems wrong, can I call now?

Hey guys,

I just looked now and had grades pop for me today within the past hour. One of them seems WAY off base (a vintage card that looks NM got a 2 - I examined this thing up and down and have no idea why it would be a 2).

Is there anything I can do before these are shipped, to request another review or anything like that? Has anyone had experience with a similar situation?

Appreciate your thoughts - thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I have called the same day as the grades popping because of mechanical errors and they were able to fix prior to shipping. That is the only experience I can offer up.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    paper loss.. ??

you can call cust service and ask to have them held.. and possibly reviewed
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    I guess it must be a paper loss issue - I should've caught it since I scoured it pretty good, but we'll see...

I'll try giving a call - can't hurt - thanks...
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Paper loss or pin hole that you missed is my guess...good luck.

Jeff
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Pinhole is an automatic 1.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Pinhole is an automatic 1. >>

That could be, but a pinner is an automatic party!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Pinhole is an automatic 1. >>

IMO, that is one of the biggest differences now that there are graded cards. Back in the early 80s if there was a real nice looking card (let's say an "8" or a "9") but there was a pinhole at the top, NO WAY was the price difference as great as it is today. Back then you may have paid 1/2 the value because of the pinhole. Today's grading standards treat that pinhole worse than if all four corners are beat to hell and the card is so o/c you think you are drunk when you look at the card.

If the card looks like an "8" or "9" but for the pinhole, I'd pay PSA 2 prices all day long.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like what happened to me on my last PSA sub.

I Sent in a batch of beautiful (virtually flawless) stickers and got a couple 9s, some 8s, and 7s.

The 7s were WAY off base and the 8s looked 8.5 to 9.

The 9s should be in 10 cases.

But the nicest one in the batch was literally folded in half.

Hope nothing like this happened to you, good luck.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Doug, I agree- when I was working on the T3 set I'd buy all the PSA 1's with pinholes I could find-at arms length they looked like 4's and 5's, (which is really strong for T3's) at a fraction of the cost.

Boo, I agree with you too, but it's a small party. Or a big party with a bunch of lightweights.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's