Home Precious Metals
Options

yeah, yet another OT thread

But I think it is something that will defintely affect the markets overall in a big way.
and behind door #1 is...

And this is just a JOKE!
pay freeze my ARSE!

So he calls for this pay freeze. BUT! Once again we see who he is
cutting...

The proposal, which must be approved by Congress, would not apply to the
military, but it would affect all others on the Executive Branch
payroll. It would not affect members of Congress or their staffs,
defense contractors, postal workers or federal court judges and workers.

So basically just the everyday workers have to pay for him to have a
nice little political ammo on a slow news day.
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    I can't help but laugh out loud at this...

Give em hell!
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    imageI'm just say'in!Can we stop with the off-topic posts?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    thanks for posting!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the place for this type of thread.
    Even if it was, unless one has been in the military and lived on the pay therein, one should not criticize the pay they receive for the work they do.
    I was in, and many board members were as well, and I think we know that the pay isn't that great and, unless you are in for 20+ to get a pension, then you usually come out physically (and for some, mentally) worse than you went in with not much to show for it.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not the place for this type of thread.
    Even if it was, unless one has been in the military and lived on the pay therein, one should not criticize the pay they receive for the work they do.
    I was in, and many board members were as well, and I think we know that the pay isn't that great and, unless you are in for 20+ to get a pension, then you usually come out physically (and for some, mentally) worse than you went in with not much to show for it. >>

I agree. Keep it up though (piecesofme), and either you'll be banned because you can't control yourself or PCGS will close the board. Either way, it ends.
  • Options

<< <i>Not the place for this type of thread.
    I was in, and many board members were as well, and I think we know that the pay isn't that great and, unless you are in for 20+ to get a pension, then you usually come out physically (and for some, mentally) worse than you went in with not much to show for it. >>

I was also in. I have serious back problems from working on the Enterprise. I could go to the VA for disability... but for what? I just go to the chiropractor every couple weeks to keep it straightened out. He figures Ill have to have serious back surgery in my 30's. That, I will probably go to the VA and make them pay for.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    yeah ok im the only one posting OT posts'. Give me a break! I guess i'm the scapegoat for that too now huh? Whatever. Take the time to bad mouth every single poster who does an OT post why dont you? You'll be very busy doing so. This is basically my very first OT posting and you're calling for me to be banned? Gimme a break!
  • Options
    Rich is a stand up guy, I see no reason for this kind of unkind behavior towards him. Current financial events certainly do have a DIRECT effect on precious metals. My own post over the weekend which I edited seems to be becoming quite topical right now. Perhaps it would do some of you some good to take current events more seriously.

BTW, I am a veteran too. Combat veteran.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

I think goingbroke got banned.

Using the PM board metal excuse is just that - an excuse to post political threads. If I was a mod, you'd be gone.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Current financial events certainly do have a DIRECT effect on precious metals. My own post over the weekend which I edited seems to be becoming quite topical right now. Perhaps it would do some of you some good to take current events more seriously.

Finally someone who gets the POINT of what is being said rather than nit-picking 1 thing that irritates them in it. The fact that it's an OT thread doesnt mean anything. The fact that what I posted IN the thread DIRECTLY relates to what we do buying & selling PM's and coins is the...POINT! I'm really getting tired of having to explain myself on these CU boards. I thought this was a more cutting edge crowd at first. Now, after some time has gone by...not so much.
    If I have to explain everything I say here because some folks here have some TOTALLY unwarranted grudge against me, then maybe I should just do what I do best here, which is continue to build relationships on the BST forum. It's rather funny to me that if I'm such a bad guy like alot of you claim I am (yet never having done any business with me) that I do pretty well for the small timer that I am.

I'm being called on the carpet and this guy wants me banned for posting ONE OT thread that TOTALLY pertains to what we do here??? Unreal, it's really just unreal how simple minded some people can be.

If I was a mod, you'd be gone

I could say the same, trust me, but what would that prove? That I could censor you like some of you would have of me because I dont roll with the flow to be in the "in crowd" and dont wear horse blinders?
    Whatever. Deep down those of you who try to (try being the very operative word) pick me apart and rattle me know that I just tell it the way it is. I know, because I have proof in the pm's that some of you have sent me LMAO! I wonder how some of you would react if I unleashed those names. The very names that blast me on the forum, but call me a "truthful guy" in a pm.