Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help me guess the grades!

I posted this yesterday before I had the cards in-hand but I went ahead and made the plunge so I am posting pics (sorry, scanner is on the fritz) in hopes that I can get some help. Looking for opinions on grades with Mikan being the key card of course but wondered if I should grade the Dudley and Waterfield with OC or without qualifiers. What do you think these would pull (and is it worth it to even grade the Feller and Baugh? I know...alot of questions but I don't do a ton of vintage and want to take the best route for resale.

Mikan Front

Mikan Back

Waterfield Front

Waterfield Back

Dudley Front

Dudley Back

Baugh Front

Baugh Back

Feller Front

Feller Back

Comments

• Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    No expert on the vintage, but I do know that I would want a pic of the back as well. SOmething else to be aware of - i once had a slabbed version of this in an old, old SGC slab that did not cross as it was sheetcut or something like that.
    Pete
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    The card in the middle is a '48 Bowman Bill Dudley.
  • Options
    Edited the first post with closer pics. Any ideas on expected grades? I'm hoping the Mikan can pull a 2.5 or 3 but do you think that's pushing it?
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    The Mikan is proabably a '2' on most days.

As far as being worth it to grade the Feller and Baugh....if it is to resell, I wouldn't send in the Baugh or Feller
  • Options
    image What do you expect them to pull? Don't see too many solid cards there
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Edited the first post with closer pics. Any ideas on expected grades? I'm hoping the Mikan can pull a 2.5 or 3 but do you think that's pushing it? >>

Charlie ... good luck with the grades. IMO that Mikan does not get any higher than a 2. HOPE I AM WRONG.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I don't expect much from the Mikan but hoping for the bump to a 2.5 but 2 is probably more realistic. Just looking for other eyes to look it over. The Dudley and Waterfield are both pretty solid as far as edges and corners so it's just a matter of whether I want to take the OC qualifier. Think either of those would be 7OC or a straight 5?