Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1930s FB & BB photos - what school(s)?

Would anyone know what school or schools are in the backgrounds of these late 1930s football and baseball photos? They could be from the northeast, but I don't know. Also, one of the photos in the group of 15 or so photos I have has "Comets" on the back of a baseball photo.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

Comments

• Options
    Not a clue, but those are some great photos for sure!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Man, what great photos!
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    in case you didnt notice...

The lefty batter photo... the negative is reversed.

The building is really down the thirdbase line image
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Nazareth Area High School Comets?

Check out this 1937 yearbook. Similarities in the football uniforms...

Text
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Here's the four colleges in the US that have Comets as a nickname. Those buildings look awfully big to be a high school.

<< <i>Comets ---
    Mayville State University (Mayville, North Dakota)
    Olivet College (Olivet, Michigan)
    Pillsbury Baptist Bible College (Owatonna, Minnesota)
    University of Texas-Dallas (Dallas, Texas) >>

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    In the last football photo, check out the blocker to the right and the nose guard on his face. If anyone had one of these vintage nose guards for sale, I would like to buy it.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Almost looks like a modified cup! lol

Nice pics!
  • Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    Bump - what school? Anyone recognize the buildings in the background?