Home Precious Metals
Options

Can we stop with the off-topic posts?

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
An occasional foray into current events if they tie directly into precious metals is fine.

Police yourself. You've got the whole internet to post on. Let's keep this oasis of precious metals as .999 or 24k as we can.
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. And even a discussion of 22K gold (ie classic old US gold) is allowed too! image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Agreed. And even a discussion of 22K gold (ie classic old US gold) is allowed too! image

roadrunner >>

Don't you mean 21.6K or 900 fine? image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I round up to the nearest whole number....just like on my 1040. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Agreed. And even a discussion of 22K gold (ie classic old US gold) is allowed too! image

roadrunner >>

Don't you mean 21.6K or 900 fine? image >>

The early U.S. gold was 22kt.......
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% rules!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>An occasional foray into current events if they tie directly into precious metals is fine.

Police yourself. You've got the whole internet to post on. Let's keep this oasis of precious metals as .999 or 24k as we can. >>

I agree.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I think we are all just fine is we limit the amounts and keep them in the massive thread that was started a long time ago. Further, what "appear" to be OT to ( or twisted to appear OT by those who disagree ), some, in reality has a meaning when it comes to economic issues which is the basis of the massive thread I am referring to.

• Options
    You mean like this one?
  • Options

<< <i>You mean like this one? >>

Since my post mentions .999 and 24k and yours doesn't? Yes. Exactly like yours.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    On a side note, go Bruins!
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    I love Italian food
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I happen to like the variety in posts.......very inter-related.

By the response, I guess your topic fell flat on it's face......
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man... Whose Wheaties keep getting pissed on?
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can 40% get a little respect around here?!
    Especially at face. image
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The "OFF TOPIC THREADS" about off topics are, I am afraid, off topic.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Off is a fine mosquito repellant...........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    And if you're looking for a place to post topics that don't deal with gold, silver, platinum, etc., I suggest the Open Forum Refuge , where you'll find many of us who post here. Just bring a thick skin. And I'm not talking original surface 19th century gold. image
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

<< <i>And if you're looking for a place to post topics that don't deal with gold, silver, platinum, etc., I suggest the Open Forum Refuge , where you'll find many of us who post here. Just bring a thick skin. And I'm not talking original surface 19th century gold. image >>

Sorry, but I prefer to post on THIS planet............

• Options

<< <i>

Since my post mentions .999 and 24k and yours doesn't? Yes. Exactly like yours. >>

Shouldn't you be worried about smoe building and not off topic threads.image
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Since my post mentions .999 and 24k and yours doesn't? Yes. Exactly like yours. >>

Shouldn't you be worried about smoe building and not off topic threads.image >>

These boards are a monster headache to PCGS. Stop with the off-topic crap. Do you want the message boards closed?
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    I'll say probably not.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley