Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1952 Topps reprint set

Can anyone tell me if the subject set was ever produced in pack form? I ask because I have a set missing four commons (#20, 159, 196 & 289) that I want to sell...

What would that set sell for in NM or better shape?

Thanks!

Comments

• gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    Never in packs, complete set only. Last I saw (couple years ago), sealed mint sets were in the $250-$300 range. I'd look on ebay to see if any have sold more recently. Good luck finding the missing cards, Sportlots maybe?

Edit: just looked at Sportlots, many available in that set, just not your 3. image

Prices on ebay are all over the place, but PSA does grade them so if you have some minty stars, it may help sell your set if they are graded.

2nd edit: from the PSA Set Registry: 1952 Reprint Composition There are no cards #ed 20, 196, 289. It says 402 cards required for the set. I seem to remember there being some issues with getting the OK to use some of the players pictures or something. So they were just left out of the set. I'm sure someone has more info, but I think your set is complete.

Edit 3: #22 and #159 do not appear on the set composite either, do you have them? That would make 402/407 the correct # of cards.
  • You have a complete set. Those three cards were never issued due to contractual issues with the players pictured; Billy Loes, Saul Rogovin and Tommy Holmes.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Guys for the help!

I'll list the full set now on the B/S/T boards.

Regards,

Gary
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    yup those cards never issued.
  • Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    TTT for David who bough the set....