Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How long until a USPS Priority mail package is considered lost? UPDATE - No record??

I have a package that was scheduled to arrived on the 20th, and the tracking number still shows it in transit. How many days until the package is considered "lost"?

Comments

• Options
    Your package is never lost, but merely misplaced...

Just like your package.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    what was the distance from where it was sent to you? (i.e. cross country, etc.)
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Texas to NC
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with putting in a claim now. The sooner you put it in, the better chance they have to find it. Unless it was stolen...I had that happen once. Luckily I insured it and got a pretty swift claim payment.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing wrong with putting in a claim now. The sooner you put it in, the better chance they have to find it. Unless it was stolen...I had that happen once. Luckily I insured it and got a pretty swift claim payment. >>

can you put a claim in for just priority mail?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nothing wrong with putting in a claim now. The sooner you put it in, the better chance they have to find it. Unless it was stolen...I had that happen once. Luckily I insured it and got a pretty swift claim payment. >>

can you put a claim in for just priority mail?

IMF >>

No claim can be made unless it is insured. Just being priority is not enough.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    bobby I just had an issue with a USPS Priority package from Cali to Ohio. Suppose to have been delivered on the 10th. That damn thing just showed up this Monday. They gave me some excuse that it must have had my address on it incorrectly, the guy printed out my address and it was perfect. The damn thing just took the scenic route.

So don't give up hope yet, this was the longest I ever waited for a package though, the few other times the items just disappeared.
  • Options
    i think its 20 days.
    im in the middle of waiting out a missing package... i called the 1800# on the advice of the local PO as it spurs them to search any and all locations of the package.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Had this happen to me for the first time. October 27th and still:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified
    by the shipper on October 27, 2010
    to expect your package for mailing.
    This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
    Delivery status information will be provided if / when available.
    No further information is available for this item.

As stated, you have to have insurance in order to file a claim. I did not have insurance and already refunded the buyer of the item above. At this point I consider it lost/stolen.

BUT in order for insurance to work the package must be scanned first. When you print out a label online you must have a PO employee (person delivering your mail, somebody at the desk) scan the barcode. This shows that the item has been received by them and is in their hands.

By dropping the mail in your mailbox, laying it on the desk, putting it in their mailbox, you are taking a risk and if it is not scanned, even insurance will not help you.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Had this happen to me for the first time. October 27th and still:

As stated, you have to have insurance in order to file a claim. I did not have insurance and already refunded the buyer of the item above. At this point I consider it lost/stolen.

BUT in order for insurance to work the package must be scanned first. When you print out a label online you must have a PO employee (person delivering your mail, somebody at the desk) scan the barcode. This shows that the item has been received by them and is in their hands.

By dropping the mail in your mailbox, laying it on the desk, putting it in their mailbox, you are taking a risk and if it is not scanned, even insurance will not help you. >>

Is this something you mailed out? I had something similar happen where the damn package didnt get scanned once in the shipment process. How the hell that happened is beyond me, but the person was honest and told me they received the package. This happened early summer this year.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Had this happen to me for the first time. October 27th and still:

By dropping the mail in your mailbox, laying it on the desk, putting it in their mailbox, you are taking a risk and if it is not scanned, even insurance will not help you. >>

Is this something you mailed out? I had something similar happen where the damn package didnt get scanned once in the shipment process. How the hell that happened is beyond me, but the person was honest and told me they received the package. This happened early summer this year. >>

I have a lot of books that never get scanned by the PO and positive feedback is received. I think the PO is lazy and do not scan all the time.

You must watch the employee scan the item when you give it to the PO for transit. That's the only way to know for certain.

My lost package was a transaction on the B/S/T board from a trusted friend/member. So I believe him when he said that it did not arrive.
  • Options
    Expected Delivery Date: November 20, 2010
    Class: Priority Mail®
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our COPPELL, TX 75099 facility on November 17, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, November 17, 2010, 10:18 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099
    Bullet Shipment Accepted, November 17, 2010, 8:09 pm, DALLAS, TX 75260
    Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 17, 2010
  • Options
    That was mine.....it left Texas on the 17th.....what happened to it since then, no one knows.....
  • Options
    Label/Receipt Number: 9101 0531 2632 2113 3110 14

There is no record of this item.

Why Are You Receiving This Message?

1. Event information may not be available if your item was mailed recently. Please try again later.

2. The number was entered incorrectly. Be sure to enter all of the letters and numbers as they appear on your mailing label or receipt.

Update.......Now all of the sudden there is no record....I am guessing this is being swept under the proverbial rug??
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    remain calm.

i too have had a couple packages disappear into limbo, although one finally made it to a customer Friday after almost two weeks, another is still last scanned here on the 15th.....i checked tracking this morning and got the same "no record" response.

i will opine based on my local experiences with the P.O., as they seem to be understaffed and overworked, as usual, and with the holidays plopped in our laps, i'd expect to see a few more horror stories around here before December has vanished into the snow.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Label/Receipt Number: 9101 0531 2632 2113 3110 14

There is no record of this item.

Why Are You Receiving This Message?

1. Event information may not be available if your item was mailed recently. Please try again later.

2. The number was entered incorrectly. Be sure to enter all of the letters and numbers as they appear on your mailing label or receipt.

Update.......Now all of the sudden there is no record....I am guessing this is being swept under the proverbial rug?? >>

Yeah, this happened on the last batch I mailed out - info available, then it all disappeared.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Well...good news (I guess anyway...) The info has reappeared....

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 0531 2632 2113 3110 14
    Expected Delivery Date: November 20, 2010
    Class: Priority Mail®
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our COPPELL, TX 75099 facility on November 17, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

The bad news.....it is still the same info as before........
  • Options
    huh.....late June i had a package of PSA graded basketball cards disappear on the way to a customer who i subsequently refunded for around $60, no biggie, but.........

the package was last scanned in [drumroll, please]..............you guessed it!

Your item was processed through and left our COPPELL, TX 75099 facility on June 27, 2010. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item.

perhaps, at this point i should just whack Texas from my accepted shipping destinations and accept all third-world bids. image
  • Options
    Seems like Coppell Texas has a thief on their hands.....
  • Options

<< <i>Seems like Coppell Texas has a thief on their hands..... >>

2 seems to me nothing more than coincidental, but one more post from a different member here would make me wonder a lot more.

Anyone?? Bueller????
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

2 seems to me nothing more than coincidental, but one more post from a different member here would make me wonder a lot more.

Anyone?? Bueller???? >>

MY stuff goes through Coppell sort all the time, without issue. Of course, I always stamp '1987 Topps-Handle With Care' on the outside.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    When you print your label off of PayPal, it generates a message to the Post Office so when you track the package it says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". It doesn't mean that you actually took the package to the Post Office and mailed it, it just means that you printed the label.

If there is no insurance on the package then there is no coverage. Express Mail includes $100 of insurance but Priority Mail does not have any insurance coverage.

• Options
    Heritage covers the package themselves until it reaches the destination. It doesn't reach - you get your money back. Plain and simple. This package actually got scans until it "left" the infamous Coppell TX plant........in the back of some Employees' car!
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Anyone?? Bueller???? >>

MY stuff goes through Coppell sort all the time, without issue. Of course, I always stamp '1987 Topps-Handle With Care' on the outside. >>