Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Subject: Canadian Quarter Recall

Subject: Canadian Quarter Recall
Hang on to any of the new Newfoundland quarters. If you have them, they may be worth much more than 25 cents.

The Canadian Mint announced today that it is recalling all of the
Newfoundland quarters that are part of its program featuring quarters from each province. "We are recalling all the new Newfoundland quarters that were recently issued," Canadian Mint Deputy Minister Jack Shackleford said Monday. "This action is being taken after numerous reports that new quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths,Vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices." The quarters were issued in the order in which the various provinces joined Confederation. And have been a tremendous success among coin collectors worldwide.

"The problem lies in the unique design of the Newfoundland quarter,
Which was created by a team of Newfoundlanders," Shackleford said.
"Apparently, the duct tape holding the two dimes and the nickel together keeps jamming the coin-operated devices."

No gotz any links, sorry.

Comments

• As a Newfoundlander, I guess this is normally where I'm supposed to start making Polish jokes... but I guess my parents raised me to be more polite.
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As a Newfoundlander, I guess this is normally where I'm supposed to start making Polish jokes... but I guess my parents raised me to be more polite. >>

"Newfie" jokes were all the rage in Canada in the early '70's.

With all due respect my favorite was;

How do you keep a Newfie busy all day?

It's just a joke and the little I know about Newfoundlanders is all positive.

Tempus fugit.
  • JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was pretty funny, some eople just need to lighten up.
  • WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Whew! That one was a stinker. Speaking of lame coin jokes:

The blonde reported for her University final examination, which consists of "yes/no" type questions.
    She takes her seat in the examination hall, stares at the question paper for five minutes,
    and then in a fit of inspiration takes her purse out, removes a coin and starts tossing the coin
    and marking the answer sheet - Yes for Heads and No for Tails.
    Within half an hour she is all done whereas the rest of the class is sweating it out.
    During the last few minutes, she is seen desperately throwing the coin, swearing and sweating.
    The moderator, alarmed, approaches her and asks what is going on.
    "I finished the exam in half and hour. But, she says, I am rechecking my answers."

• razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    Cladking,
    It took me a couple trips to figure that one out. Maybe I'm a newfie-hey?
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Since I need to "lighten up", here's one of my favorites:

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days. Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued, pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by Gods work, then pointed to a large land mass the top corner and asked, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God. "That's Canada, the most glorious place on Earth. There's beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and an exquisite coast-line. The people from Canada are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found traveling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard-working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace. I'm also going to give them super-human, undefeatable ice hockey players who will be admired and feared by all who come across them."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed. "What about balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!"

God replied wisely. "Wait until you see the loud-mouth bast@rds I'm putting next to them."

• ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As a Newfoundlander, I guess this is normally where I'm supposed to start making Polish jokes... but I guess my parents raised me to be more polite. >>

"Newfie" jokes were all the rage in Canada in the early '70's.

With all due respect my favorite was;

How do you keep a Newfie busy all day?

It's just a joke and the little I know about Newfoundlanders is all positive. >>

Now that is funny!!!image I caught myself only hitting the link once!image -Dan

<< <i>
    It took me a couple trips to figure that one out. Maybe I'm a newfie-hey? >>

A real Newfie would have said, "maybe I'm a Newfie, eh?". image
    Tempus fugit.

<< <i>

Now that is funny!!!image I caught myself only hitting the link once!image >>

The first time I saw it it was a Polish joke. You write this on both sides of a piece of paper.

It's funny until someone turns it over thirty or forty times with a confused look on his face.

Tempus fugit.
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I vaguely remember hearing this quarter recall joke when US state quarters were coming out for the Appalachian states. I guess these things get recycled.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Now that is funny!!!image I caught myself only hitting the link once!image >>

The first time I saw it it was a Polish joke. You write this on both sides of a piece of paper.

It's funny until someone turns it over thirty or forty times with a confused look on his face. >>

• HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    I love a good joke thread, thanks for lightening up my day!image
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>God replied wisely. "Wait until you see the loud-mouth bast@rds I'm putting next to them." >>

Score!! image