Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox Fans (and interested bystanders) - Would you like the Sox to sign Jeter for 3 years/ $48 mil

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
If the Sox cannot sign Beltre (very likely) signing Jeter to play 3B for 3 yrs/$48 million might be worth it just to piss off Yankee fans! image

Comments

• Options
    Not a fan of either team but I would love to follow the stories that such a move would create.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image...no. Too expensive. One year and 10 million, fine image
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeter is not...REPEAT...not leaving NY. Although I think he's slowing down, he is a Yankee icon and they would never let him go. As for being with the Red Sox, I'd rather they give a shot to an upcoming AAA player within the organization and save the big coin.
  • Options

<< <i>image...no. Too expensive. One year and 10 million, fine image >>

Yeah, that's all he is worth, but the extra $6 million per would be more than worth it to see the riots in the Bronx. And a pissed off Jeter might hit .300+.

And, he DID win the Gold Glove! image
  • Options

<< <i>Jeter is not...REPEAT...not leaving NY. Although I think he's slowing down, he is a Yankee icon and they would never let him go. As for being with the Red Sox, I'd rather they give a shot to an upcoming AAA player within the organization and save the big coin. >>

Probably not, but the owners and Jeet are playing a nice game of chicken. I think the NYY should stick to their guns and not let Jeter extort them into overpaying for him more than they offered.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    If it was the Jeter of maybe 5-6 years ago.
  • Options
    If he offered to play for free I still wouldn't take him.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the smack you guys give to one of the best shortstops playing today.

He's good in the field.

He hits for avg.

And he has power.

Geeeze.........pure jealousy !!!
  • Options
    at his current age, declining skills and weak bat Jeter isnt worth more than a couple of million baseball wise; team wise, fan wise he's worth a TON in NY, worth a lot less elsewhere
  • Options

<< <i>jeter ... now and moving forward ... is frank menechino

give him a 1 yr contract for $650K >>

Heh, good article. Jeter and his agent are counting on Yankee stupidity (i.e. A-Roid fro $30m per year until age 42), but the new bosses ain't doing it (so far).
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really like the smack you guys give to one of the best shortstops playing today.

He's good in the field.

He hits for avg.

And he has power.

Geeeze.........pure jealousy !!! >>

Was one of the best shortstops.