Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

what happens to 'regrades' in registry sets?

When you have a coin in your registry set and send it in for regrade

whar does PCGS do with the old cert number and what affect does it have on your set?
and does the population for that issue change?

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They usually assign a new cert number. Your coin under the original cert number will disappear from your set. Once you get the new cert number, you must relist it as a new coin. They will adjust the pops as need be.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent in my entire 100% complete set for regrade and someone at PCGS automatically put the new cert numbers in my Registry inventory and in my set. However, I did have to go re-upload all of my photos and will have to re-do all of my descriptions that I had written up.

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

What Mike said;

PCGS removed all the old certificate numbers from all my MS
    Barber Halves - and replaced those old numbers with all the new
    ones. Only problem, only the TruView images stayed with the coin.
    All other images were removed. Not a problem, really, as I was
    looking forward to have all new images anyway of my MS coins.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Well, they are not consistant in this process. I had a coin regraded and they did give it a new number but the old # stayed active for over 3 months. I finally changed it manually so I could use the Truview picture.

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    Guess it would be too complicated if their system was automatically updated with the new cert number AS PART OF THE REGRADE PROCESS. image
  • Options
    >>> I did have to go re-upload all of my photos and will have to re-do all of my descriptions that I had written up.

>>>

bummer.........ngc did all that for me

monsterman
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language