Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

San Francisco Historical Bourse, Dec 10-11.

My favorite show for ancients. And although originally focusing on ancients, this show always has some nice world coins too. (But no US coins.)

This will be the first year that Heritage attends, along with the other usual high quality dealers.

Dealer List

Lectures in the evening will be:

Andrew Meadows. Deputy Director, ANS
New Greek Coins from Ancient Egypt: Finds from an Underwater City

David Hendin. Adjunct Curator, ANS
Coins of the Two Jewish Wars

I highly recommend this show.
I collect history in the form of coins.

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    That looks like it could be fun, if only they held it in Houston /Dallas/San Antonio.
  • Options
    determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭
    Small show in a small room, but big fun.
  • Options
    Is this show worthwhile for someone who collects select world coins,
    but not ancients?

Thanks,
    Mark
    The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.
  • Options
    I've heard nothing but good things about this show, and none of those who talked to me like ancients at all. So I infer that there is a good selection of machine-made world coins.
  • Options
    determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this show worthwhile for someone who collects select world coins,
    but not ancients?

Thanks,
    Mark >>

Mark, I'm not sure how to answer that. What might be worth it to me might not be to you, and vice versa.

From past experience I can only say that the vast majority of coins will be ancients. And it is a very small show. But I was always surprised that there were more world coins than I thought there would be. And that they were of nice quality.

But whether those would be worth the trip for you I can't say.

I would suggest looking at the dealer list to see what world dealers will be there. And also contacting John Jencek at the link above. He puts the show together and I would ask him how many tables he expects to have with world coins. He's very friendly and would be happy to give you an idea.

That trip from and back to San Jose isn't too bad if you time it right to avoid traffic. But I still don't enjoy driving in SF.