Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS should consider attribution of Feuchtwanger Cents and expansion of its Registry

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
As I delve into the one cent side of the Feuchtwangers, and learn how to recognize the 14 or so different types, I notice that on ebay these coins get tons of bids, and seem to sell for nice prices. There are quite a few raw, and all are easily recognizable by certain die differences. They range from R1 to R8 and those with a knowledge of the different types have the opportunity to cherrypick the series and make some sweet purchases.

NGC does attribute by variety, which is a good thing if you like their slabs/grades/registry etc. PCGS however, recognizes the one cent piece only as a generic issue. This of course does not highlight the different rarity levels of these tokens, and no doubt is a factor which causes many collectors to go ATS for certification.

It would be a very simple matter for PCGS to attribute these different types, as well as expand the registry for Feuchtwanger tokens by variety.

Just my thoughts on the subject, and hopefully one day this will come to pass.

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we just start by adding the fee schedule on these to Economy/Regular instead of the Special Issue and it's own submission form. If they would do that I would send mine in. I just can't see spending $58 +$20 shipping for one coin.
  • Options
    If each variety was assigned its own coin number then the grading fees would not change.
  • Options
    Why are Feuchtwanger coins graded but tokens aren't?
  • Options
    That is a question for PCGS. I would presume it is because the coins (which are Tokens themselves in the proper use of the word), these were struck essentially as pattern pieces and did actually circulate at value.

PCGS does not slab HTTs, and Lewis Feuchtwangers two storecards were not denominated.