Home Sports Talk
Options

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
What a comeback, what a finish!

I'm wondering if Jerry still thinks that Sanchez is a "less than mediocre" QB??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    That was a great comeback by the Jets !!!
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    3 weeks in a row squeaking by mediocre teams. They get another pass next week with Cincy. They could very easily be 5-5 right now.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea...it's just too bad the Jets are gonna lose to the Eagles in the Super Bowl. image
  • Options
    They could very easily be 5-5 right now.

Most of the teams in the league are mediocre these days. The better teams find ways to win those games, and the Jets are 8-2.

P.S. The Miami Dolphins suck..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cant wait for the bears jets game, that will be a test for the jets.
  • Options
    cant wait for the bears jets game, that will be a test for the jets.

Yes, it's been a while since we had more than a dozen sacks in a game. image

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Some really great finshes.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Yeah, the past three weeks have been too close .. but THEY WON! THANKSGIVING NIGHT will be a BLOWOUT! Jets by 15+.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yea...it's just too bad the Eagles are gonna lose to the Pats in the Super Bowl. image >>

Fixed it for 'ya Steve. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>yea...it's just too bad the Eagles are gonna lose to the Pats in the Super Bowl. image >>

Fixed it for 'ya Steve. image >>

Lightening won't strike twice. image
  • Options
    I just read where the Jets fan club is now in the double digits. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Fixed it for 'ya Steve. image >>

Lightening won't strike twice. image >>

Pats will make sure they poison Vick's food too. image
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>3 weeks in a row squeaking by mediocre teams. They get another pass next week with Cincy. They could very easily be 5-5 right now. >>

the browns beat the pats
    houston beat the colts
    lions have played good all year

3 wins no matter how you get them, good teams find a way to win and they do
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    The matchup vs NE the week after next is going to basically decide the East.

• Options
    Game of the week next sunday JETS vs PATRIOTS. I hope the JETS spank em.
  • Options
    Now we will see how good the JETS are.
  • Options
    Go Jets!!image
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Their defense earned me 15 points in Fantasy football Thanksgiving. YES!!!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Monday night can`t get here fast enough! I think the Jets have the Pats` number! Go Jets! J-E-T-S!!image
  • Options
    J-E-T-S----J-E-T-S---J-E-T-S!!!!

3 days and counting
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>J-E-T-S----J-E-T-S---J-E-T-S!!!!

3 days and counting >>

Won't be long now until the jets lose their 3rd game.
  • Options
    Tonight we see what the J-E-T-S are all about.
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    b-b-b brady and the jets..........image
  • Options

<< <i>b-b-b brady and the jets..........image >>

Right now it is just Brady
  • Options
    Pats were ready for this one...Jets, not so much...we got beat by a better team, but we're still in good shape for a playoff berth at least..Disappointing effort all around.

• Options
    The road goes through NE again.
  • Options
    The road goes through NE again.

Thanks for the update, Captain Obvious, LOL..

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>J-E-T-S----J-E-T-S---J-E-T-S!!!!

3 days and counting >>

Won't be long now until the jets lose their 3rd game. >>

YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA ! Way to go Pats.
  • Options
    J-E-T-S----J-E-T-S---J-E-T-S!!!!

3 days and counting >>

Won't be long now until the jets lose their 3rd game. >>

YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA ! Way to go Pats.

Shouldn't you be over at the coin forum whining about milk spots on your silver eagles?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>Shouldn't you be over at the coin forum whining about milk spots on your silver eagles? <<<

I like that !image
  • Options
    >>Shouldn't you be over at the coin forum whining about milk spots on your silver eagles? <<<

I like that !

LOL, I get grumpy when my team gets destroyed on MNF...image

• Options
    Looking forward to the rubber match in the playoffs!
  • Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Very disappointing and even harder to watch. On to next week!!!
  • Options
    This showed that the Jets were not as good as their record.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This showed that the Jets had a bad game, nothing more.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This showed that the Jets had a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad game, nothing more. >>

Fixed image
  • Options
    A humiliating loss...let's see if we can bounce back better than we did in '86..

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    A bad game? That's it? A 45-3 butt-whipping, where the awful Mark Sanchez threw another 3 picks? Maybe now we can calm down about the Jets. Hopefully Rex Ryan had his notebook out last night and observed what a real Super Bowl contender looks like.
  • Options
    And is if on cue, here comes Jerry out from under the bed...LOL..

Season series is split 1-1. pats were home watching Jets on TV during last season's playoffs despite winning the East, so we'll see what happens this time around..

Of course, maybe Hoodie hired a new "videographer" for the club personnel...LOL..

• Options
    C'mon, still with the Pats and videotaping jokes? What is this, 2005? Remember, every team in the NFL did that, the Pats got caught and were made an example of. It's nothing but sour grapes at this point to mention it.

Do you realize yet that Sanchez blows? He's great at throwing completions - to the other team. And the Jets so-called "tough defense" was absolutely carved up by Brady and the Pats. Not to mention, I'm the first to admit the Pats defense is not super-tough (yet), and the Jets could only muster 3 lousy points against them? Face it, the Jets are heading back to where they have resided for the last 30 years - nowhereville.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I happen to agree with Jerry image

BTW Hope everyone is well, been a long time since I posted and popped in and saw this thread would be fitting for my alley like return image
  • Options
    C'mon, still with the Pats and videotaping jokes? What is this, 2005? Remember, every team in the NFL did that, the Pats got caught and were made an example of. It's nothing but sour grapes at this point to mention it.

How many titles have the Pats won since being caught cheating? I'll give you a hint, it's less than one, LOL...

And this fairy tale about how every team videotaped other teams practicing? Is that the kool aid they've been serving up in NE?? LOL!

Sanchez has plyed terrific ball all season. Sure, he played horribly last night. But you're bound to force passes and make mistakes if you're down by 4 TDs and all of his picsk came with the game already out of hand. You are either clueless or drinking the NE kool aid if you think he's as bad as you claim.

It's funny how you were so silent while Sanchez played so well all year (including beating the Pats), and come out crowing as soon as he and the Jets have a bad game. Didn't hear much from you when the Pats got bounced in first round last season and the Jets were one game from the Super Bowl.

• Options
    Welcome back, Paul! image

• Options
    can't wait for the game to start!!!

lets go JETS!!!

what they played the game, how did they do that without the JETS???

what a disappointing loss, i hope they don't play them again
    Fred

• Options

<< <i>
    I'm wondering if Jerry still thinks that Sanchez is a "less than mediocre" QB??

image >>

Actually, no. I now think he's "extremely less than mediocre". I stand corrected.
  • Options
    Actually, no. I now think he's "extremely less than mediocre". I stand corrected.

And the bandwagon fan comes out from under the bed on cue...

Sanchez wasn't the reason Jets lost today...I can't remember the last time I saw so many dropped passes, including one right through the hands in the end zone by Holmes that would have been the gamewinner.

• Options
    C'mon, you know that I may be many things, but a bandwagon fan I am not.

I watched a good part of that Jets-Miami game, because the Pats game was over at the half. Sanchez, once again, threw a number of balls that should have been intercepted but luckily for him weren't. It's an ongoing problem for him, he can't avoid throwing picks. Maybe he's just not cut out for the NFL. I think the Jets will be looking for a new QB in the next season or two - mark it down.