Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

WTB Argentina Sunface

I've been looking for an AU-MS early silver sunface example, first half 19th century. I thought maybe someone here either had one or knew where one was. I'm fussy, need a good strike, eye appeal and expect to pay for it. Prefer slabbed and of course toned is even betterimage

Comments

• Options
    Not for sale but, a couple to whet your whistle,

From the Rio de La Plata and Whittier auctions (2006)
    Good hunting!
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    I will be getting one of these myself someday. Great coins posted above. That 1813 is awesome. When you find one yellowkid, post it.
  • Options

<< <i>Not for sale but, a couple to whet your whistle,

From the Rio de La Plata and Whittier auctions (2006)
    Good hunting! >>

Those are beautiful, thanks for posting them, just the kind of piece I want. Sunfaces are so cool, I have one on a Conder but the Argentinian issues are the best!
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    its not argentina or silver, but its mine
    toner loner
  • Options
    IMHO the Uruguay sunface is right on the heels of the Argentina, nice piece.
  • Options
    My family is from Uruguay and I lived there for a few years myself. I have a lot of Uruguay coins. Some I am about to send off to NGC and PCGS. Those reales are always listed as argentinian but they are unnofically technically both arg and uruguayan. The "Rio de la Plata Provinces" as the coin states were on both sides of the river, arg and uru side as the river splits the 2 countries. They circulated on both sides. But since technically the independance of uru in 1830 and later their own coinage popped up they get argentinian attribution.

A nice sunface like sTONERs jsut got nice nice money on ebay in pcgs plastic. I absurdly thought I might pull it off with a 40$ bid.

link to sunface auction