Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

My coin in someone else's registry

I started a basic date capped bust half set yesterday, and one coin I have owned for over a year was popping up in someone elses registry! I double checked and I have the coin. I submitted the email request form for the other person to remove the coin. Has this happened to anyone here?

AJ
All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

• EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guy might be the previous owner and he forgot to remove it from his registry when he sold the coin.

JH
  • JamesWJamesW Posts: 105 ✭✭
    YES.

If no change after a few days scan the front and rear and email PCGS Registry, they will remove it so it can be added to your inventory.
    I never met a coin that wouldn't fit in my collection.....
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am STILL waiting to insert the new seated dollars that I bought because they haven't been removed from the seller's inventory. He just sold his entire collection at auction.
  • I remove coins from the registry when they go into my trade stack, when I still have them, to avoid this problem.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Oops... just noticed someone had already mentioned sending the pictures. image
    Dan
  • ..happens a lot !
  • It does happen quite a bit. You did the right thing bringing it to PCGS' attention. Let the group know how things shake out.

• << <i>I am STILL waiting to insert the new seated dollars that I bought because they haven't been removed from the seller's inventory. He just sold his entire collection at auction. >>

Me and you both - but it just updated, and now is added to my registry. Did yours too?
    BGG

<< <i>

<< <i>I am STILL waiting to insert the new seated dollars that I bought because they haven't been removed from the seller's inventory. He just sold his entire collection at auction. >>

Me and you both - but it just updated, and now is added to my registry. Did yours too? >>

Nope! I guess I will have to send another email.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    Here are two possibilities:
    1. When the seller sells the coin, they wait until the new owner received it and was happy with it. If the coin is returned, then no harm no foul. This was the old owner has the proof of ownership and serial number for tracking.
    2. If a coin is sold at auction, the same thing applies. Only with auctions such as teletrade, etc, it may take a few weeks for the seller to get paid. Until then this is his slight insurance policy. Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• don't forget possibiity

3. A well made cointerfeit coin and slab with copied numbers from the real coin
    Has been resolved. Had to send front and back images to PCGS.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    great that worked out in the end
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

This has happened to be a few times; no problem, I Xerox the coin on top of today's newspaper;
    then I scan the Xerox to customer service at PCGS along with the request to remove the coin from
    the other registry set.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I started a basic date capped bust half set yesterday, and one coin I have owned for over a year was popping up in someone elses registry! I double checked and I have the coin. I submitted the email request form for the other person to remove the coin. Has this happened to anyone here?

AJ >>

In lieu of blanking out the certification number on expensive slabbed coins that I sell, I always add the coins to my registry and 9 times out of 10 forget to delete the coin from my registry after its sold. However, each time a delete request comes to my email, I delete the coins promptly.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my practices.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Not at all. I do the same.