Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

legit '52 Mantle?

Hello Experts -
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Look legit?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/clt/2066527541.html

Haven't contacted him yet. The No phone calls, PayPal only thing makes me suspicious.

Comments

• Options
    Has to be a scam. He has it listed under other cities (some have been flagged for removal).

General rule of thumb - don't buy $15k cards on craigslist.
  • Options
    would like to know how you found that info regarding the flagging), if you have a sec. thanks.
  • Options
    Aha! Nevermind. I see it at NYC and Philadelphia. Flagged the L.A. one. Jerks. Never ends.
  • Options
    He wrote me right back saying too many flakes so he won't meet up with anyone. Let him know that I reported him to IC3 and good luck with his jail time.
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    Every one of the CL posts should be flagged...

Its a scam... 98% sure.

The cards are known as "Craigslist cards" and are fake cards in fake PSA slabs and to the untrained eye look OK even in person.

Many have lost thousands of $$ on this scam, and now some are showing on eBay too (sometimes being sold by the new owners who dont know their item is a fake, yet)

here is a link to the first story on them when it broke a couple years back (1952T Mantles are also known)

Net54.......PSA counterfeit cards!!! Beware
  • Options
    well, i will say that 10 minutes after i called him out, his post disappeared!