Home Precious Metals
Options

Kitco rhodium 1 oz. powder in tamper-proof bottles - $200 over spot

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was perusing the Kitco site and noticed that the premium for pure rhodium at Kitco wasn't really too bad at the moment. $200 over spot is about 8%. Of course, I don't know what their buying price is, and that would have to be considered as well.
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was perusing the Kitco site and noticed that the premium for pure rhodium at Kitco wasn't really too bad at the moment. $200 over spot is about 8%. Of course, I don't know what their buying price is, and that would have to be considered as well. >>

The market for something as esoteric as this is just too thin for my taste. With gold and silver, you can always take it to a B&M coin dealer to get some quick cash if you ever needed to. Try that with rhodium powder.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the most part I'm in your camp, Perry. Liquidity is pretty important to me, but every time that I look at the 2006 rhodium spike - I do a little bit of a double-take!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still squatting on my rhodium pool account. Love to see it spike to $3k or more.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Rhodium? Powder?

Seems to me that the Chinese ought to be buying lots of that.

after all don't they buy powdered Rhino Horn, Elephant Tusk and pickled pig lips?

Rhodium up the nose ought to be good for something. image
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an especially liquid commodity and its in powder form.

Pass.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    With Rh bars on the market now at somewhat reasonable premiums, I'd absolutely pass on the powder form.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I bet Element159 would buy some Rh powder if they don't have already
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE