Congrats!!!

mathew
baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
NHL hall of fame rookies

Comments

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    good for him. really good guy who deserves it.

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    well deserved!

curious if CC will in the A.L. or if they give it to King Felix
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    If you go by stats, Felix deserves it.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halladay was the correct choice, without question.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is King Felix Next?

13-12, 2.27 ERA; struck out 232 and walked 70 in 249.2 innings. Epic year!

???

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    the only reason they will give it to CC for is his "impressive" win total.

I'd rather have King Felix at this point; CC may have a stroke if he gets any fatter.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I use to have a thorough opinion on the Cy Young awards given out every year, but this time I am uninformed and did not do my homework.

I could not even tell you anything about Roy Halladay, yet he is a repeat Cy Young award winner. Saberhagen got 2 also. You can guess the era of baseball I liked.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    One angle of Halladay winning his 2nd Cy Young award is that is was completely expected. Consequently, it's not a big story.

However, the remarkable thing is that after all the votes were in, he threw just the second no-hitter in postseason MLB history. That certainly validates the voters' choice - not like it was necessary.

All of the above makes this Phillies, Eagles, and Sixers fan quite happy. image