Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Price help-Update, FYI

I will list the 5 coins below that I need help with. This is all I know about them, haven't seen them, so I want to bid toward the low end of price range (seller says they are in 'great shape"). I have the post 1900 Krause but not for the 1800s and earlier.
1567 sixpence with large rose
1580 sixpence with small rose
1862 Victoria half penny--completed listings on ebay aren't useful
1899 Victoria 1 penny---completed listings on ebay aren't useful
1980 Queen Mother Silver Touch Piece (this has a document from Bradshaw and Darlington?)

Thank you.

UPDATE

While I was asking here, the private seller decided to list on ebay. I was asking because I found them on craigslist. I did not get either coin. I appreciated the help, though, and was in the running on one of them.
I passed on the Victoria's and Queen Mother.

link to sale
link 2
Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.

Comments

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Totally depends on condition. "Great shape" means nothing to me. Links?
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    Wybrit,

Thank you for the response. I have no pics, nor any links. This is a private sale, done by mail from several states away. I know it is less than ideal. I just want to make a reasonable ballpark offer on some coins a woman recently inherited, and I will take my chances on condition. It may not be possible for anyone to give an idea under these circumstances. I'm most interested in the two coins from 1500's. I don't have anything older than 1700's.

Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    I would offer F prices or less for the group then. If they turn out to be nicer in hand, I would just pay more after the sale, since I don't want to take someone like that but would also not like to be taken.

1567 sixpence with large rose - $75
    1580 sixpence with small rose - $75
    1862 Victoria half penny--completed listings on ebay aren't useful. $1-$3
    1899 Victoria 1 penny---completed listings on ebay aren't useful. $1-$2
    1980 Queen Mother Silver Touch Piece (this has a document from Bradshaw and Darlington?) - no idea how to price this one.

• Options
    Wybrit,

Thank you so much for that.

Chuck
  • Options
    ttt-I put my update in wrong.image
  • Options
    Fixed link to 1580 piece

It looks like the 1580 came in at about my estimate, but the 1567 was much nice than F, so a higher price was merited.

• Options
    Wybrit,
    I appreciated your help. Yes, I was close on the 1580 thanks to you.