Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Dad's old silver coins for sale, starting in 1286-WARNING-lots of BIG photos

I have here a bunch of old coins from my Dad's estate. Here are the photos, I can't judge grade or country. I listed the countries that my Dad placed on the holder. They will be auctioned off to the highest bidder, closes on coming Wed evening at 8 PM EST. Please ask any questions, or for better photos if I can provide them. The auction is for all coins except the 1531 bronze coin and the 1777 Peace medal. They will be auctioned seperately, during this listing. When bidding via PM, please let me know if you're bidding on the 13 coin lot or the single coins. Thanks for looking and good luck! Ray

Here's a list of the 13 coins: I am VERY SORRY! THERE ARE NOT 29 coins like I posted. I counted the number of photos I had and counted each of them as a seperate coin!!! MY MISTAKE!!! I am VERY SORRY!!! PLEASE ADD SHIPPING AND INSURANCE TO THE HIGH BID. THANKS!
1. copper coin from 1286
2. Mexican silver 2 Reals from 1796
3. Mexican silver 4 Reals with hole near head
4. 1717 Mexican silver 2 reales with hole near edge
5. 1826 Peru silver 2 Reales
6. 1807 silver Mexican 2 Reales that's doublestruck and unknown overdate
7. 1797 Peru silver 2 Reales
8. 1801 Peru(?) silver 8 Reales
9. 1892 silver Mexican 8 reales, UNC, VERY RARE with full feathers
10. 1793 Peru silver 8 Reales EXCELLENT strike
11. 1707 King George copper large cent
12. 1805 silver 2 Reales from Peru
13. 1780 silver Mexican 1 Reales
VERY RARE peace medal given to American Officers during the Revoloutionary War. NO LONGER FOR SALE.

It's bronze/brass. Made in 1533. Very large coin, approximately 3 inches in diameter. NO LONGER FOR SALE

These coins comprise the 29 coin lot as one (1) unit. Thanks for looking!
You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

Comments

• Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Price offers are for the complete set of 29 coins except the 1777 Peace Medal and the 1533 Bronze coins. Thanks for the bidding! Ray

• Options
    So far bidding is at $400 for the 29 coin lot which is a very good deal. The 1777 Peace medal is VERY RARE. It was produced in France by Nicholas Marie Gatteaux. They were presented to George Washington, from his estate they were passed to the hands of Daniel Webster and given to American Officers. This coin will be sent to Heritage along with the 1533 bronze coin/medal. Thanks for looking and good luck! Ray

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    I bid $65 on the lot.
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    I bid $130.00
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Peace medal? Looks like a jeton to me at that size.

EDIT: Found it. It is indeed a jeton. Linky

$400 bid?? Take the money and run. Seriously.
  • Options
    Your link is correct. But, per Heritage and others, it is classified as a peace medal awarded to the American Officers during the Revoloutionary war. Thanks for the link. Bidding for the 13 coins stands at $400 and ends in just over 24 hours. Bidding ends at 8 PM EST tomm night. Thanks for looking and have a great day! Ray

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>But, per Heritage and others, it is classified as a peace medal awarded to the American Officers during the Revoloutionary war. >>

Oh, could you post that link to Heritage? I just searched the archive of coins and historical artifacts and couldn't find any 1777 peace medals...

Thanks.
  • Options
    Auction's over and the winning bid was $400. Congratulations and thanks for all the bids! Ray

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    can we get disclosure on the ID of the 400 bidder? I might have some coins for him/her image
  • Options
    Coins sold for $400, shipped, received. Buyer very happy. ID will remain anonymous. Sell your coins here Hyperion and Coinpictures. So far over 100 deals with 100% of the buyer's happy with the deals. Sold over $20,000 just right here, with some off air sales. Thanks to the high bidder and all other bidders. Happy Holidays! Good luck to all.