Home Sports Talk

Royce Clayton = Miguel Tejada?

Not even close, but Royce will be playing the roll of Miguel Tejada in the upcoming Moneyball movie.

I think it's kinda funny that a former SF Giants shortstop will be playing a former Oakland A's shortstop in a movie.
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know Royce was an actor. Cool.
  • Didn't know they were making a movie. I have been wanting to read the book. I know if basically outlines how a small dollar team can compete with a high dollar team, such as don't spend your 1st round draft picks on high school kids, but proven college athletes.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Didn't know they were making a movie. I have been wanting to read the book. I know if basically outlines how a small dollar team can compete with a high dollar team, such as don't spend your 1st round draft picks on high school kids, but proven college athletes. >>

They got Brad Pitt to play the role of Billy Beane.

<< <i>I didn't know Royce was an actor. Cool. >>

He hasn't done much. In 1999, when Jim Morris made his MLB debut, he faced 1 batter, Royce Clayton, and struck him out. Clayton played himself for that scene in "The Rookie."

• I picture Royce being a little small for the part, from what I remember of him.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I picture Royce being a little small for the part, from what I remember of him. >>

According to his 1997 Bowman card, Tejada was 170 lbs back then. He's 210 now, and has already been revealed as a juicer.