Home Sports Talk
Options

Joe Morgan and Jon Miller, YOU'RE FIRED!

yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
Jon Miller didnt bother me so much....but THANK THE LORD Joe Morgan has been fired! Now if they Yankees will just fire Michael Kay from the announcing booth! I dont care if he does anything else for YES but get him out of the booth PLEASE!!!! Buh-bye Joe Morgan!

Comments

• Options
    But why Jon Miller, in my opinion one of better baseball guys out there, have a hard time with most of them.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY!! The people have been heard!!
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Joe Morgan was about as bad as it gets.
  • Options
    I think they should drag Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek out of retirement.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Baseball's biggest mistake was not having Vin Scully do the post season games all these years...a generation missed out on a guy that made post season games feel more special.

Instead we had to listen to Tim McCarver, yawn.
    Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I think an underlying point here is that the art of "speaking" is, or has been, slowly eroding as time passes.
  • Options
    i miss Cosell
  • Options

<< <i>I think an underlying point here is that the art of "speaking" is, or has been, slowly eroding as time passes. >>

Strong comment. For an increasingly greater part of society, the same can be said for the art of writing.

Miller and Morgan were together on ESPN for 21 years. That's the majority of my lifetime. Summer will not sound quite the same.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i'll miss jon miller, class act great announcer

morgan was hard to listen to
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started