Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The 2009 UHR Coin -- As a Single Year Issue Type Coin?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>...it would hurt future sales of similar products because many would no longer trust the mint.

Someone out there still trusts the Mint? >>

I trust the mint to do what's in their best interest and melting these left overs is in their best long term interest. >>

But hasn't the Mint placed once-sold-out coins on the market before? They still have customers. >>

The mint will always have customers but the number of customers will decrease every time they play games and screw their customers by selling them coins and then changing the terms of their offering after the fact. >>

But where else are ya gonna go for US coins? Even if you go secondary you are indirectly buying from them. 'Fraid they have a monopoly and I figure they know it. >>

Who says that modern mint products are the only coins that can be collected?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Coinsponge ... You are referring to ebay #320665248492 I assume? If so, yes it is VERY shiny! I believe the jury is still out though on exactly how much value above an NGC-MS70PL coin the PCGS-MS70PL will ultimately carry.

Wondercoin >>

Very nice Pl Mitch!!

Well done on the photo as it adds a real richness to the slab and coin; a difficult beast to capture.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    I have to say I do get tired of anti-Mint rhetoric. Sure, they goof up a lot, but all my experiences with them reinforce that they are staffed by people who are sincerely trying to do a good job. Nine times out of ten, they get nice products out when they say they are going to.

And remember this: their mistakes or bureaucratic bungling or what-have-you are what lead to highly sought-after coins that Average Joe (me) have a chance to buy at ground-level prices. No one else even offers anything close.

My biggest complaint with them is a lack of artistic innovation, but that's largely out of their control, and I suspect they will try to rectify this soon. All in all, I'm glad the Mint is around.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miles. Thanks. Used my Samsung Android phone to snap it. Nothing fancy with that shot, but the phone does take a great pic for what it is.

My photographer (Justin) is away at college so I am stuck with the phone camera in the meantime. But, he is back next week for Spring Break!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file